Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought salon intro kit

As I stated in the other post, we do not endorse or condone third party sales or anything outside of licensed distribution channels. There is no guarantee that it is real product. Sadly, these are people buying product and selling for a profit at the expense of their peers. Olaplex is a professional only product and will remain that way.

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Vice President of Education
Olaplex LLC

Can you explain to me what it is please? I've seen loads of videos, threads about it but I'd like more info. :)

Can you explain to me what it is please? I've seen loads of videos, threads about it but I'd like more info. :)
We have a Users group on Facebook, but Ill give you a breakdown of what it is:)

Olaplex is an entirely unique chemistry with 8 worldwide patents that will be publishing shortly. Olaplex is not a reducer nor does it do anything corrosive or break bonds in the hair. Olaplex is purely about repair as it cross links broken disulfide bonds. This is a very complicated but simple chemistry. It is a single active ingredient with two reactive ends that works by finding single sulfur hydrogen bonds and linking them back together. We do not want oxygen to interact with these sulfur hydrogen bonds. In a chemical equilibrium, Olaplex reacts with a single oxygen molecule and creates a perfect pair and drops off.

The other 50% of the time, the sulfur hydrogen attaches to three oxygen molecules. Sulfur combines and forms new cluster, SO3. This is known as a sulfate group which will then create cystic acid that eats protein out of the hair. If you break bonds or reduce hair, half of the bonds that you break without Olaplex are always going to attract three oxygen molecules and turn into sulfate groups.

Sulfur hydrogen bonds are free thiols. The only way to reform these is to react with oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide is primarily liquid oxygen. Mix with color and developer and that highly concentrated oxygen reacts aggressively with sulfur hydrogen bonds to recreate and reform 50% of the hair bonds efficiently.

Olaplex intervenes by coupling with sulfur hydrogen bonds faster than the three oxygen can find sulfur hydrogen bonds and form these sulfate groups. By using Olaplex, it creates more bonds in the hair because when we put linkage between sulfur hydrogen bonds, whether we are interrupting good or bad, we are putting more of a bond and increasing the mass. This is why Olaplex is called a bond multiple. Keep in mind, these single sulfur hydrogen bonds remain in the hair until they react and form sulfate groups hence why Olaplex is effective as a treatment as it will find these and cross link them back together therefore restoring the strength, structure and integrity of hair

@AbMcDonald could you please send the link for the fb page. I think I'm on it but not sure

We have a Users group on Facebook, but Ill give you a breakdown of what it is:)

Olaplex is an entirely unique chemistry with 8 worldwide patents that will be publishing shortly. Olaplex is not a reducer nor does it do anything corrosive or break bonds in the hair. Olaplex is purely about repair as it cross links broken disulfide bonds. This is a very complicated but simple chemistry. It is a single active ingredient with two reactive ends that works by finding single sulfur hydrogen bonds and linking them back together. We do not want oxygen to interact with these sulfur hydrogen bonds. In a chemical equilibrium, Olaplex reacts with a single oxygen molecule and creates a perfect pair and drops off.

The other 50% of the time, the sulfur hydrogen attaches to three oxygen molecules. Sulfur combines and forms new cluster, SO3. This is known as a sulfate group which will then create cystic acid that eats protein out of the hair. If you break bonds or reduce hair, half of the bonds that you break without Olaplex are always going to attract three oxygen molecules and turn into sulfate groups.

Sulfur hydrogen bonds are free thiols. The only way to reform these is to react with oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide is primarily liquid oxygen. Mix with color and developer and that highly concentrated oxygen reacts aggressively with sulfur hydrogen bonds to recreate and reform 50% of the hair bonds efficiently.

Olaplex intervenes by coupling with sulfur hydrogen bonds faster than the three oxygen can find sulfur hydrogen bonds and form these sulfate groups. By using Olaplex, it creates more bonds in the hair because when we put linkage between sulfur hydrogen bonds, whether we are interrupting good or bad, we are putting more of a bond and increasing the mass. This is why Olaplex is called a bond multiple. Keep in mind, these single sulfur hydrogen bonds remain in the hair until they react and form sulfate groups hence why Olaplex is effective as a treatment as it will find these and cross link them back together therefore restoring the strength, structure and integrity of hair
That's awesome I love science way too much lol :rolleyes:

I've added u its pending
I am not currently doing approvals, but as long as your salon or beauty school is visible, you will be accepted. If you aren't accepted, check your other folder for a message from one of the admins of Olaplex Users group.

I'm pretty sure mines visible not not entirely sure [emoji24]

I'm pretty sure mines visible not not entirely sure [emoji24]
Usually you will just need to do the following

Look at your privacy settings, and make sure they are set to public on job and/or education.

View your profile, click about, click on work, click edit and click the icon to change privacy. Then proceed again with this to change the visibility of education.

I used olaplex today in silklift beige with 9% today on a client with excessively damaged hair.... It was beautiful! Felt so strong afterwards!

I hadn't been entirley blown away by olaplex so far but today changed my mind

I used olaplex today in silklift beige with 9% today on a client with excessively damaged hair.... It was beautiful! Felt so strong afterwards!

I hadn't been entirley blown away by olaplex so far but today changed my mind
Just be careful! Still important to use good judgment when using Olaplex. Its an insurance. Stand alone treatments are very beneficial to damaged hair. Only work on hair if you would without Olaplex. Im glad to hear it turned out so well! :) Love silk lift

Just be careful! Still important to use good judgment when using Olaplex. Its an insurance. Stand alone treatments are very beneficial to damaged hair. Only work on hair if you would without Olaplex. Im glad to hear it turned out so well! :) Love silk lift
I will be careful :) I only used 9% because I would have normally used 6% I was cutting through level 5 tint.

Separate question, do u need to bump developer when doing an on scalp bleach?

Sugarplumfaery and I both prefer to reduce the amount of olaplex and stick with 6%.

Sugarplumfaery and I both prefer to reduce the amount of olaplex and stick with 6%.
What amount would u use? Just slightly less or use the amount for colour instead? 3.5 for colour off the top of my head

I've got a query,
On Sunday I did bleach regrowth with olaplex No 1 in. Then I toned with olaplex No 1 in. Then rinsed and put No 2 on and cut (man that was tricky, anyone else found that or am I using too much).

Anyway. Is it right that I put No 1 in both the bleach and toner yeah? Or should I have put No 2 in the toner?!

I still haven't been accepted to the Olaplex closed group. [emoji17]

I've got a query,
On Sunday I did bleach regrowth with olaplex No 1 in. Then I toned with olaplex No 1 in. Then rinsed and put No 2 on and cut (man that was tricky, anyone else found that or am I using too much).

Anyway. Is it right that I put No 1 in both the bleach and toner yeah? Or should I have put No 2 in the toner?!

Number 1 in the toner as long as it's on for at least 10 mins... Did the toner last? Mine diddnt :/

I did try to add u, I'll try again now

I will email the client to ask her.

It still says pending or something similar. My salon/work place is visible! X

What amount would u use? Just slightly less or use the amount for colour instead? 3.5 for colour off the top of my head

I used half of whats reccomended for cream bleach.

I've got a query,

You did it right, but only if you leave the toner on for 10 minutes or more. NO. 2 isn't mixed with tint or bleach.

Latest posts

Back