Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. I did it.
I got some Olaplex.
My sister was guinea pig. And I've fallen in love. Who needs men? I now have Olaplex in my life!!

Isn't it a total game changer!!

What did u do altogether?

Lil question too... :rolleyes: I have lots lately lol...

If your doing root foils, say blondor 6% with olaplex, ovs your not going to take through the previous bleach so how does that part get olaplexed? Or is it just the number 2 that makes it feel awesome afterwards?

If you put it in your toner then that gets olaplexed, but yeah No2 too

Would u put no1 in the toner?

Lol this was just on my fb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 179
Lol this was just on my fb

Oh you could put it on the mids an ends in the foil! That'd be better if you're doing backdrop too cause you won't have hair getting in the way thats blonde! I always use conditioner in foils on the ends when i'm doing a touch up and backdrop.

How weird that you're after something and it always pops up on your facebook!

How do you guys 'diagnose' who needs Olaplex?

How do you guys 'diagnose' who needs Olaplex?
Why would anyone not need olaplex? It's the biggest upselling prospect around at the moment in my eyes! Even children can have an olaplex treatment, their marketing pic for you to use off their site says... dramatically reduces breakage and makes colour last longer..... every person with hair needs it (kids with bobble snappage, people asking does their hair feel different, every colour client & anyone that wants stronger hair) I'd say every person that walks through your door is a potential olaplex upgrade!

I've used olaplex as a stand alone on my daughter. She has very long very curl unruly hair and it sorts it out and helps the tangles

Why would anyone not need olaplex? It's the biggest upselling prospect around at the moment in my eyes! Even children can have an olaplex treatment, their marketing pic for you to use off their site says... dramatically reduces breakage and makes colour last longer..... every person with hair needs it (kids with bobble snappage, people asking does their hair feel different, every colour client & anyone that wants stronger hair) I'd say every person that walks through your door is a potential olaplex upgrade!
Wow! Excellent.

Hi guys
I have been invited to order olaplex online,
I am a mobile hairdresser and received my qualification at the beginning of the year.

Just wanted some advice and maybe ask what other people might do!

Would you give the clients the option to use the product and just add the price into the service or use this in every colour/ treatment and put prices up in the first place ?

Any advice I would be grateful for x
Join our Olaplex Users group on Facebook :)

I'd offer it as an add on.
I've only had it a couple of week's, so am no expert in using it.
Not every head will need it. In fact, so far, I'm quite proud to say most of my client's don't NEED it.
Over the year's, I've got them into a regular 4 - 6 week routine, to include home care.
That's not to say the odd 'Scary Mary home bleach' doesn't enter the salon....it's on these occasion's I'd reach for the OLAPLEX to save the day! :eek:
Client's with poor porosity could benefit from adding to the mix, but as has been mentioned, not sure how the different colour houses will feel about this addition to their product!o_O
If using as a treatment, make sure you take into account the extra 20 mins it takes, and not just charge for the cost of the product. ;)
Every client can benefit from the use of Olaplex, because everyone has broken disulfide bonds. Bonds are broken from chemical, thermal and mechanical damage. By not using Olaplex in all of your coloring services, you are not preventing any damage. Olaplex is an insurance and can be used as a stand alone treatment to repair compromised hair. Lightening should never be performed on clients with overly compromised hair even with Olaplex as there are too many single bonds already and Olaplex cannot keep up.

Lil question... If we don't use it in colour to save bother with manufacturers and we just do stand alones wouldn't we need to use just number 3 or have I got that wrong? Number 3 isn't even coming to us till September
Manufactures warrenties are void more often then you may think. If you are not using a digital scale, if you process your color even 1 minute longer than directed, etc, it is no longer valid Olaplex works independently of color and does not affect the color chemistry. The color manufacturer would be responsible for any defect in color. We have never heard of an actual case of any color manufacturer defending a colorist or assisting in any legal issues. You should research this topic.

Every client can benefit from the use of Olaplex, because everyone has broken disulfide bonds. Bonds are broken from chemical, thermal and mechanical damage. By not using Olaplex in all of your coloring services, you are not preventing any damage. Olaplex is an insurance and can be used as a stand alone treatment to repair compromised hair. Lightening should never be performed on clients with overly compromised hair even with Olaplex as there are too many single bonds already and Olaplex cannot keep up.

Your response to my comment, opens up a whole new debate......
You have now got me thinking, as a professional wanting only the best for my client's hair, should I be incorporating it into ALL of my services, regardless of if they are a colour client or not, rather than having it as an 'ADD ON' extra? :confused:
My problem is the client who would benefit most from Olaplex.......just doesn't want to pay for it!!! :mad:

I guess from a clients point of view what benefits can they SEE and FEEL? And for those that use non professional shampoos at home does it make the colour fade having done an olaplex in salon.

What about clients that don't take the No3 home?

So many contradiction

Manufactures warrenties are void more often then you may think. If you are not using a digital scale, if you process your color even 1 minute longer than directed, etc, it is no longer valid Olaplex works independently of color and does not affect the color chemistry. The color manufacturer would be responsible for any defect in color. We have never heard of an actual case of any color manufacturer defending a colorist or assisting in any legal issues. You should research this topic.
I will research further, thanks for your help :)

I'm aware tho that in the UK our insurers will do anything (on the most part) to avoid paying out in the event of a claim, they generally find any loophole possible to avoid helping, I think that's why most UK customers have been hesitant to put it in the colour, i have asked for UK insurers views on it but I'm still waiting for an actual response, I have used it and so far my experience has been good so I will continue to :)

In the UK, manufacturers are rarely involved in negligence claims unless their product is deemed at fault and dangerous. In which case, Trading Standards or HSE become involved.

Usually, a claim arises because the stylist made a mistake resulting in serious harm.

If the stylist hasn't offered the client a patch test in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, most insurers will stop assisting at that point and the stylist will be left to foot the legal costs themselves.

If the stylist admits they added additional ingredients to the bleach/tint mix, the Insurer may seize on this to refuse to cover the claim. Even just adding coconut conditioner to the bleach mix could invalidate the Insurance cover.

There's no requirement for the Insurer to prove that the adulterated mix caused the problem, but simply that manufacturer's instructions weren't followed.

In the case of not using a timer to process the bleach or not using scales for mixing tints, the Insurer wouldn't be too concerned unless it was an obvious case of serious negligence on the part of the stylist.

Insurance companies are heavily regulated and can be investigated by the Insurance Ombudsman to ensure the terms of their business are fair and reasonable.

Latest posts

Back