Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya, I'm quite a long way from the nearest A&F and they don't seem to have Olaplex online, I thought it would just be easier to go direct now it has been rolled out to all hairdressers, but I'm a bit impatient of waiting already, need to find out what the buzz is about!

Also I asked elsewhere but I'll try again here, with oil based scalp bleach (Proclere blue frosting) would I still need to up the developer? I'm extremely cautious about using anything higher than 6% on scalp...

Our A and F deliver? For free? Maybe worth ringing them to ask them to?

I'm ALMOST sure that you don't need to, if you don't feel confident to. But @AbMcDonald is probably best person to speak to about that?

Our A and F deliver? For free? Maybe worth ringing them to ask them to?

I'm ALMOST sure that you don't need to, if you don't feel confident to. But @AbMcDonald is probably best person to speak to about that?
Thanks @Tori1992 I'll give them a call and see if they will, when I first started being mobile they wouldn't deliver to me but to be fair that was a long time ago now!!

And magic I received.
Lady came in for a cut last week. Blow drying I could not get a small brush in her hair. It was so dry and dull. There were even patches of breakage.

View attachment 190861
Here she is today. She said she has not had shine in her hair for years. Fair enough it wasn't striking shine but it's an amazing improvement. Olaplex I love you.
this is great! Thanks for sharing!!

Hi everyone! I still haven't got my hands on olaplex yet but just doing some background reading. When doing a scalp bleach and tone, no 1 would be added to the bleach, but am I correct in thinking you wouldn't shampoo before toning, and do you add further no 1 to the toner? Just trying to get my head round it all. Also if someone could pm me the price of the travelling stylist kit I'd be really appreciative of that. I have been told aston and fincher is the supplier to use but they don't have any Scottish stores and I've heard nothing back from olaplex xxx
Please use our help section on Olaplex.com or your FAQ that comes in your kit! Xx

I'm a mobile hairstylist in North Devon. Where can I purchase olaplex please?

I'm a mobile hairstylist in North Devon. Where can I purchase olaplex please?
We recommend contacting Star Qualities and Ashton and Fincher if you are in the UK

image.jpg
So I had my first try with Olaplex today... My delivery turned up after I had started balayage with bleach in my sisters hair, so I did some very quick reading up on measurements and added olaplex to quasi on roots and in toner over bleach. Lightener had been on for 50mins, hair was slightly dry through mid-ends before anyway, and I just rough dried it to see whether there was much visible damage without the mask of a smoothing blow dry... Very impressed, as was my sister!

View attachment 190908 So I had my first try with Olaplex today... My delivery turned up after I had started balayage with bleach in my sisters hair, so I did some very quick reading up on measurements and added olaplex to quasi on roots and in toner over bleach. Lightener had been on for 50mins, hair was slightly dry through mid-ends before anyway, and I just rough dried it to see whether there was much visible damage without the mask of a smoothing blow dry... Very impressed, as was my sister!
Dryness is a result as not enough moisture, do a good conditioning after and can be if you push it too much, make sure if you use a stronger bleach, to use caution, You can use the same volume as normal with less Olaplex. With that being said, her hair turned out great!!! Good job!! :)

View attachment 190908 So I had my first try with Olaplex today... My delivery turned up after I had started balayage with bleach in my sisters hair, so I did some very quick reading up on measurements and added olaplex to quasi on roots and in toner over bleach. Lightener had been on for 50mins, hair was slightly dry through mid-ends before anyway, and I just rough dried it to see whether there was much visible damage without the mask of a smoothing blow dry... Very impressed, as was my sister!
Awesome!

Dryness is a result as not enough moisture, do a good conditioning after and can be if you push it too much, make sure if you use a stronger bleach, to use caution, You can use the same volume as normal with less Olaplex. With that being said, her hair turned out great!!! Good job!! :)
I meant it was dry before the treatment, was awesome after, can't wait to see what it's like when I get the chance to put olaplex in with the bleach, next test subject: myself :)

I meant it was dry before the treatment, was awesome after, can't wait to see what it's like when I get the chance to put olaplex in with the bleach, next test subject: myself :)
Awesome! Let me know if you need any help!:)

OK, sorry but I'm back again... I was trialling Olaplex with samples from a friend, obviously I love it and have upsold it to lots of upcoming clients on the basis I could get a salon starter back from my local A&F but when I went up there today they refused me, said because I am home based not salon I had to buy the travel size instead from their website, which I can't find any reference to at all online! I'm so annoyed because I thought it would be straightforward from here?!

Ok Foundlings, where are you based? You can contact Nigel Lenton @ Aston & Fincher who looks after London or contact Star Qualities. I freelance and did have a little difficulty in first acquiring Olaplex but it's definitely available to freelancers.

Ok Foundlings, where are you based? You can contact Nigel Lenton @ Aston & Fincher who looks after London or contact Star Qualities. I freelance and did have a little difficulty in first acquiring Olaplex but it's definitely available to freelancers.
That was what I told head office when I spoke to them yesterday, that I have been made aware it is definitely available to freelancers, they said they would need to check a few things and call me back either yesterday or today, which they have not :-( I'm right down in Cornwall, pretty much Lands End, so my nearest A&F is Truro. Was so shocked by the unhelpful attitude of head office. I signed up online with star qualities about 6 weeks ago but haven't heard anything back

Ok I'll pm you Nigel's email

That was what I told head office when I spoke to them yesterday, that I have been made aware it is definitely available to freelancers, they said they would need to check a few things and call me back either yesterday or today, which they have not :-( I'm right down in Cornwall, pretty much Lands End, so my nearest A&F is Truro. Was so shocked by the unhelpful attitude of head office. I signed up online with star qualities about 6 weeks ago but haven't heard anything back

Always Amazon if A&F are being difficult with you... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olaplex-Salon-Into-Professional-Steps/dp/B00SVLSES0

I thought Amazon isn't an authorised distributor?!

I thought Amazon isn't an authorised distributor?!

think some salons must be selling it again through them. At least through Amazon it will be legit.

OK, sorry but I'm back again... I was trialling Olaplex with samples from a friend, obviously I love it and have upsold it to lots of upcoming clients on the basis I could get a salon starter back from my local A&F but when I went up there today they refused me, said because I am home based not salon I had to buy the travel size instead from their website, which I can't find any reference to at all online! I'm so annoyed because I thought it would be straightforward from here?!
please email [email protected] This should not be the case if you are a professional

Latest posts

Back