Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your response to my comment, opens up a whole new debate......
You have now got me thinking, as a professional wanting only the best for my client's hair, should I be incorporating it into ALL of my services, regardless of if they are a colour client or not, rather than having it as an 'ADD ON' extra? :confused:
My problem is the client who would benefit most from Olaplex.......just doesn't want to pay for it!!! :mad:
I didnt give my clients an option. Im protecting my reputation and their hair. I just increased all of my prices. I did give it away at first, so they could see the difference. Invest in one kit and give it away, comes back ten fold.;):cool:

I guess from a clients point of view what benefits can they SEE and FEEL? And for those that use non professional shampoos at home does it make the colour fade having done an olaplex in salon.

What about clients that don't take the No3 home?

So many contradiction
I only guarantee work in the salon if my clients are using products that I recommend in salon, and I tell them that. I always say, "You need to protect your investment, you spend a lot on your hair. You wouldn't put a dollar store wax on a Mercedes, would you?"

As for No3, I included that in part of their price for New Clients and for clients I've had, I added only the cost to their first appointment with Olaplex, and as another member mentioned, I gave it away to all of my clients for their first experience. It sells itself. Now I can't even keep it stocked, even the "nickel and dime" clients buy No3 and have no issue with the price increases after seeing the effect of Olaplex.

I will research further, thanks for your help :)

I'm aware tho that in the UK our insurers will do anything (on the most part) to avoid paying out in the event of a claim, they generally find any loophole possible to avoid helping, I think that's why most UK customers have been hesitant to put it in the colour, i have asked for UK insurers views on it but I'm still waiting for an actual response, I have used it and so far my experience has been good so I will continue to :)
You're only insuring your work, I would rather leave it up to my knowledge in hair color chemistry than someone who sits behind a desk, selling advice and insurance to stylists for profit ;)

I didnt give my clients an option. Im protecting my reputation and their hair. I just increased all of my prices. I did give it away at first, so they could see the difference. Invest in one kit and give it away, comes back ten fold.;):cool:

May I ask, when you say you increased ALL your prices, is this on all services, or just colour.......
and how much of an increase are we talking?

Aston and Fincher recommended to increase price by £10-£30.

May I ask, when you say you increased ALL your prices, is this on all services, or just colour.......
If you need a pricing breakdown, I can provide one to you, please inbox me or email me at [email protected]

I need this in my life , just filled in their form x

I've just filled in the form too, I'm so excited to see what this can do for my clients (and me!)

Does anyone know what the current wait time is from this point?

All, I do mini treatments of No2 for services without Chemicals and then it gets my clients interested in No3 !

I've just filled in the form too, I'm so excited to see what this can do for my clients (and me!)

Does anyone know what the current wait time is from this point?
Can you not just buy it from your local distributor?

How do you guys 'diagnose' who needs Olaplex?
All clients, even virgin haired clients have broken disulfide bonds. Bonds can be broken from chemical, mechanical and thermal damage. Its not about diagnosing, its about insuring the integrity of the hair of all of your clients.

Ive copied & pasted the below from another thread I just replied to... Just interested to hear your stories...

How are you all getting on with it? (The newbies?) I find I get excited about using it then sometimes a bit dissapointed afterwards, it's hard to feel "inner strength" on the outside isn't it...

What's been your best results case so far?

Has anyone had expectations that wernt achieved?

My best has been a lady who's put her hair through hell colour wise, I did an ombre/balyage from a tinted level 5 with silklift beige & it was truly stunning condition afterwards

My one that diddnt achieve what I thought it would was a lady with really course hair down to her bum had highlights & colour (both with olaplex in) then moisture conditioning treatment afterwards and her hair was still quite wirey, she said it felt thicker but I just thought ... Meh...

I wasnt aware Olaplex is being sold on Amazon so freely for all general public to buy. Ebay yes I would question but Amazon? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olaplex-Sal...e=UTF8&qid=1443284592&sr=8-2&keywords=olaplex
I have already addressed this, unfortunately We are very aware of the unauthorized selling of Olaplex being sold by unautorized sellers and we are fighting it every day. These are what we consider "salon unprofessionals" who purchase and resell to make a profit. We cannot guarantee the products have not been tampered with or diluted. Please educate your clients on this matter. Not too long ago we shut down a site -- unfortunately it was a salon owner that thought they could make a few bucks. Very short sighted if you ask me. This problem is a constant battle which we take very seriously and work tirelessly to curtail. Unfortunately when you shut down one, another on pops up in its place making our jobs that much harder. We will continue our tireless efforts to keep this a professional only brand and we appreciate both your patience, and bringing this to our attention.

Ive copied & pasted the below from another thread I just replied to... Just interested to hear your stories...

How are you all getting on with it? (The newbies?) I find I get excited about using it then sometimes a bit dissapointed afterwards, it's hard to feel "inner strength" on the outside isn't it...

What's been your best results case so far?

Has anyone had expectations that wernt achieved?

My best has been a lady who's put her hair through hell colour wise, I did an ombre/balyage from a tinted level 5 with silklift beige & it was truly stunning condition afterwards

My one that diddnt achieve what I thought it would was a lady with really course hair down to her bum had highlights & colour (both with olaplex in) then moisture conditioning treatment afterwards and her hair was still quite wirey, she said it felt thicker but I just thought ... Meh...
If you are having any issues with lift or processing time, this can be solved by using less Olaplex. The biggest thing to keep in mind is the fact that lighteners have differing levels of lift. Some being 9+ and others being only 5 levels means Olaplex should be adjusted based on the product you are using.

Adding Olaplex to your lightener is highly important and should be done if possible instead of doing just a treatment after. By adding Olaplex to your lightener, you are able to mitigate damage during the process. Using No.2 after finds more of the disulfide bonds and cross links them back together. By not adding No.1 to your lightener, lightener will in turn do more damage which means the treatment would have to find even more disulfide bonds and cross link them back together.

Olaplex itself will not effect tonality in anyway whatsoever. If you feel you are not getting enough lift and not getting past that "orangey" tone, process longer or cut the amount of Olaplex used in half. This has been used extensively with every single lightener on the market and we want everyone to achieve beautiful results. If 1/8oz is not working for 30-60g with on-scalp application / balayage, cut down to 1/16oz.

As for those working with 40vol as the highest, you have a few different options. The first being that you may process for an additional period of time. If working under time constraints, you may use heat checking every 3-5 minutes as you normally would. Your other option would be to cut the amount of Olaplex down until you find what works based on your personal preferences.

I have experienced every single issue mentioned above myself personally. The most important thing is learning that things can and should be changed based on the products that you are using. When we got the product, there were no directions. I have personally been responsible for having to highlight clients multiple times by adding too much. I've also pushed hair too far as well. This is a learning process for everyone and I ask that you just experiment and find what works!

So. I currently have a client processing. With olaplex in her regrowth colour and end refresh. (She's not the type that would come in for a stand alone treatment.)

She came to me after going to a friend (qualified hairstylist).
She has dry, over processed hair due to perming and colour overlap.

I'm expecting magic...

And magic I received.
Lady came in for a cut last week. Blow drying I could not get a small brush in her hair. It was so dry and dull. There were even patches of breakage.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443443686.946744.jpg

Here she is today. She said she has not had shine in her hair for years. Fair enough it wasn't striking shine but it's an amazing improvement. Olaplex I love you.

Hi everyone! I still haven't got my hands on olaplex yet but just doing some background reading. When doing a scalp bleach and tone, no 1 would be added to the bleach, but am I correct in thinking you wouldn't shampoo before toning, and do you add further no 1 to the toner? Just trying to get my head round it all. Also if someone could pm me the price of the travelling stylist kit I'd be really appreciative of that. I have been told aston and fincher is the supplier to use but they don't have any Scottish stores and I've heard nothing back from olaplex xxx

Can you not just buy it from your local distributor?
Hiya, I'm quite a long way from the nearest A&F and they don't seem to have Olaplex online, I thought it would just be easier to go direct now it has been rolled out to all hairdressers, but I'm a bit impatient of waiting already, need to find out what the buzz is about!

Also I asked elsewhere but I'll try again here, with oil based scalp bleach (Proclere blue frosting) would I still need to up the developer? I'm extremely cautious about using anything higher than 6% on scalp...

Latest posts

Back