Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailskay

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458314171.022701.jpg
yay at last I've finally purchased olaplex!!super excited about using it!!any tips much appreciated going to use it tonight to brighten up my clients ombré ends,which is usually use blondor and pastel but with olaplex added I'll use blondor and 6% X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458369676.434258.jpg
loved using this product,definately slower developing time and my phone takes a rubbish pic at night,looks yellow but wasn't I promise ha

That looks great! Olaplex is awesome, it really helps to protect the hair while coloring or lightening. I like to put 1/4oz. in my lightener ad bump up my developer to 30vol which will act like a 20vol in the hair since the Olaplex dilutes it.
Make sure you leave the #2 on at least 10 minutes but 20minutes would be better, then rinse, shampoo and condition, but if you have a person that has more damaged hair then after the shampoo, use a deep conditioner like the Redken Extreme treatment or the Joico K-Pak.

That looks great! Olaplex is awesome, it really helps to protect the hair while coloring or lightening. I like to put 1/4oz. in my lightener ad bump up my developer to 30vol which will act like a 20vol in the hair since the Olaplex dilutes it.
Make sure you leave the #2 on at least 10 minutes but 20minutes would be better, then rinse, shampoo and condition, but if you have a person that has more damaged hair then after the shampoo, use a deep conditioner like the Redken Extreme treatment or the Joico K-Pak.
That's exactly what I did :) I used the no2 but cut her hair with it in then shampooed conditioned blow dried and finished off :) Thankyou was very happy with result x

hi, when you purchased from aston and fincher did you do anything particular i am a mobile hairdresser and have a traders account, but i know they sometimes restrict what you can buy. like i cant buy bed head products.

thanks

hi, when you purchased from aston and fincher did you do anything particular i am a mobile hairdresser and have a traders account, but i know they sometimes restrict what you can buy. like i cant buy bed head products.

thanks
Why on earth can't you buy bed head!? Are they aware you can get it from b&m? Did they give you a reason?

thanks

That's really odd! I definitely bought the occasional bed head product from the Bristol branch of Aston & Fincher and I'm mobile too.

It was a while back they said I had to be a tigi registered salon or something to that effect. Funnily enough I've just doney sisters hair and she had bed head shampoo. From b&m. Any idea on the olaplex? X

Why on earth can't you buy bed head!? Are they aware you can get it from b&m? Did they give you a reason?

It was a while back they said I had to be a tigi registered salon or something to that effect. Funnily enough I've just doney sisters hair and she had bed head shampoo. From b&m. Any idea on the olaplex? X
Moroccan oil used to be like that in Astons too but they let me buy just a couple of bottles this time instead of a £500 opening order, I'm not mobile so I don't know how much of a headache getting olaplex is going to be for you, some get it quickly but others on the olaplex users page say they've waited ages, if you message @AbMcDonald she can give you the email address to order it if you get no joy at Astons

Olaplex no.2 is a really nice weekly treatment as well as the no.3! In Canada, we are only allowed to retail the no.3, so if a client comes in wanting a treatment, I will usually convince them to do the no.2 and then a Redken extreme shot, as Olaplex is not a moisture or protein treatment, so it is nice to pair it with something else!

So excited to start using Olaplex! How have you found it? They have 100% good reviews from what I can see.

Definitely listen to bumping up your developer, as it does process slower. But great results as to the integrity of the hair after! No. 2 is awesome as well. Leave it for atleast 10 minutes, but 15-20 if you have the time. And definitely get them to take home the no.3.
For colour corrections, get them to come buy no. 3 a few weeks before, use 2 times a week and it will strengthen their hair before you even go in to lighten it

i phoned my local aston and fincher today and they only sell to salons at the moment, im gutted

i phoned my local aston and fincher today and they only sell to salons at the moment, im gutted
Try star qualities instead

Try star qualities instead
i have but they ave said the same thing, fill in the request for but they are trying to get it into salons first

Aw that's so wrong! It's no wonder people resort to buying it from unauthorised sellers! If your on Facebook join the olaplex users group on there, loads of mobile stylists are on there that use it maybe they can help?

I'm on there. Just a waiting game by the sounds of it

Latest posts

Back