Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade Elizabeth Hair

Reaction score
Hello everyone... Had a client come in yesterday she used to go to London to have her hair done, been traveling there for it but she's decided to move to Leicester for it now. She came in yesterday for a consultation... I said to her about having Olaplex she said her stylist in London said that it doesn't lift as well with Olaplex, I am new too it so haven't come across this problem yet and i've used it with bleach and lifting? anyone else had this problem?

I've read different things! Personally I find it doesn't lift as well with olaplex so I usually up the developer say I normally use 20vol with olaplex I use 30. But depends on what I'm trying to achieve ect.. I don't bleach without olaplex though I love it!

It’s depends on the amount you put in! But it’s still lifts from experience ! Watch guy tang on YouTube ! He uses it all the time but you have to put about the same amount he does so that it’s lifts at a good rate! Didn’t know how to explain the amount so just watch his video

I've seen some of his videos, I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. I've told her I'm not happy bleaching with out it so she either has it or don'y. I've spoken to my rep and they've been having people say this a lot about it. On some of Guy Tangs videos he says he up the developer. I think if your putting over the measurements in it might slow it down or not lift as well but I've tried looking on google and I can't find anyone saying it does stop it lifting as well x

It works if you follow the instructions- like anything if hairdressers choose to break the rules then things don’t work and they blame products. Like things don’t cover or don’t lift.

If the product didn’t work or had downsides it wouldn’t be so popular.

Mixing too much peroxide in your bleach also means it doesn’t lift as well but not too many hairdressers will be quick to admit that

I go by the revised measurements and tend to use just 1ml in my lightener or colours which is about 1/32 and even with 20 vol it lifts fine. I tend to only mix up 1 scoop at a time which is about 25-30 ml and then mix more as I need it with a higher vol as I get to sides and top. If you put more in you might find it slows it down. Less is more!

I agree and disagree. With the original mixing ratios I would agree that it affects the performance of the lightener. But since they released the new mixing ratios I have tried them and do find that it works much better, but if in doubt just lighten your hair as usual., and add olaplex to the toner, or do olaplex stand alone treatment after your colour service.

Latest posts

Back