Ombré manicure, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an ombre Shellac I did. I like the ombre affect but I've never been able to achieve perfect seamlessness. But I think that's what's so fun about the ombre affect in the first place.

picture.php

That looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing all your ideas peeps :)

Here's an ombre Shellac I did. I like the ombre affect but I've never been able to achieve perfect seamlessness. But I think that's what's so fun about the ombre affect in the first place.

picture.php

This is beautiful. Would you mind explaining how you did it please?! I've just had my additives and would love to try! :) x

i think a demo of these nails (or something very similar) is available to watch on the CND website!

This is beautiful. Would you mind explaining how you did it please?! I've just had my additives and would love to try! :) x

This wasn't done with additives.

I pressed netting into wet l & p to create the "snakeskin" pattern then I used Black Pool, Hotski and Rubble to create the ombre affect.

Thank you all! Had my client today I did a few other random nail art and she really liked this tiger nail that I did but decided to go with hotski faded rock star with ring finger tiger art :) added photos! Still new to nail art so not the best but first photo is cream puff with yellow additives black pool tiger art and gold glitter, second it the nails I did :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345111804.500907.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345111804.500907.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 185
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345111921.683219.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345111921.683219.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 215
This wasn't done with additives.

I pressed netting into wet l & p to create the "snakeskin" pattern then I used Black Pool, Hotski and Rubble to create the ombre affect.

You are so cleaver!! Love your work!

Thanks but I can't take credit for the technique. I saw it on CND's website...Just put my own spin on it. :wink2:

Here's the technique using Shellac and CND additives.

Shellac with Additives and mesh - YouTube

I did these with shellac. IMG_20120717_192201.jpg i uses a makeup sponge.

I did these with shellac. View attachment 18994 i uses a makeup sponge.

How did you avoid getting any uncured Shellac on the skin?

Every time I have seen peeps using sponges, they get the polish on the surrounding skin and have to do a clean up ... None of that nonsense with the additives, nor any risk of overexposure to uncured product or the drying effects of acetone or other solvents.

Latest posts

Back