Ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I've popped over from the beauty side :) I really want my hair done in ombre but it's a chin length bob. Would that be too short? All I've seen them on is lovely long hair! Xxx

My friend used to have a bob with ombre! I think it looks better when you start the ombre from higher up otherwise it looks a bit too half and half but thats just my opinion!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is how I do it on L6 and above.
Powder lightner roots to ends
Use what's not going to fry ends.
The roots will be a bit warm but it's ok.
Wash all out and shampoo.
Tone roots down to eyeline with target shade eg. Level 7 or 8.
Tone ends either by quick emulsify for a beige creme look or mix up again for something brighter.

No disrespect but you shouldn't need to use powder lighter all over the hair. If doing an ombré you can use regular colour plus 30vol or highlift on the roots if they really need lightening but I always think a level 6 or above is perfect base for an ombre. Especially if you're going to tone the bleach to a 7 or 8 anyway.
It would be much kinder to the hair to lighten with colour and just use the bleach the lighten the ends either doing back comb or balayage technique. Much easier to keep up the root maintenance as well.

Tone ends either by quick emulsify for a beige creme look or mix up again for something brighter.

My god what is this all about?
I'm i getting this right?
Your going to lighten a level 6 with bleach from root to tip then bring it back down to a level 7/8 with a toner and leave the ends out for what? I'm so confused about this one!

Would love to see some ombrés/balayages were they have been styled/finished straight instead of curled feel like this sometimes hides a multiple of sins!....so bored of seeing them curled now x

Would love to see some ombrés/balayages were they have been styled/finished straight instead of curled feel like this sometimes hides a multiple of sins!....so bored of seeing them curled now x

What do you think of this one beckstar?

Sarah xo

Attachments

• 1412786213716.jpg
    1412786213716.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 473

So you put the WHOLE hair shaft through all this harsh chemical process for what reason?

I don't understand that!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Tone down roots to eyeline? What about the next section? There's defo no need to be bleaching anywhere near the roots! 😳

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412843680.856376.jpgClose up of regular bleach highlights to ballayage matched with natural base

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412843947.825857.jpgClose up of subtle ombré

Here's some I've mine I've posted before but will share again! And some are straight! Last one is of the underneath to show I balayage throughout all and don't skimp around what they don't see! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847282.809172.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847296.004484.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847306.095539.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847318.423411.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847336.290193.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412847344.760865.jpg

Ricj21

Amazing beautiful 💜

Love the red/copper one too 💜

Tried to quote you but site said thread closed?!)

Ric!!!! WOW!!!! They are gorgeous!!

Want a job? I have a spare chair lol but you'll have to sort your own transport ha!

How long does the Parvana last please, I've never tried it but seen it so much on here

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Tried to quote you but site said thread closed?!)

Ric!!!! WOW!!!! They are gorgeous!!

Want a job? I have a spare chair lol but you'll have to sort your own transport ha!

How long does the Parvana last please, I've never tried it but seen it so much on here

Haha hey where are you I might fly ;) hehe thanks a lot ! For your kind words! I didn't use pravan on any of those ombrés!

Haha hey where are you I might fly ;) hehe thanks a lot ! For your kind words! I didn't use pravan on any of those ombrés!

Lol yes you might have too...I'm in the UK HA!

I saw your profile stated you work with it, so just enquiring :D

A varied ombré/balyage freehand
colouringImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412860830.392515.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412860845.047265.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412860853.632417.jpg

I use different techniques! Sometimes I just do a root touch up and comb down with a wide tooth comb to blend. Sometimes I use 3 colours for root mid lengths and ends and sometimes I paint per lighter on freehand. It's all about playing and being creative

Latest posts

Back