Ombre on blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hey can I get some advise please? I have a blonde lady who would like a ombre look. She doesn't want any more bleach. I don't know why but I am worried about prepig ing the hair in case I touch the blonde. Could I use a 6.3 gold as a root stretch and a beige toner 9.13 rusk toner to refresh the ends? I'm doing a skin test and strand test tomorrow. But would like some feedback before I strand test. Thank you ☺

Attachments

• received_941640909186602.jpeg
    received_941640909186602.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 288
  • received_941654225851937.jpg
    received_941654225851937.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 268
I always think it's hard to tell from the pics posted, to be honest. In reality, the hair can be a level lighter/darker to how it looks on screen.

You should have a better idea after you've done your strand tests. What's the condition like on the ends.

Yes I know I'm going to see her soon. I've got a feeling now the bottom pic isn't even her hair.

I would do a 7 and then free hand paint over some of the tint to create the grown out highlight look.

Thanks colour girly. I saw her hair today and this isn't her recent hair so I haven't a clue why she sent it.

It's a level 6/7 already with a box colour on which had faded to a golden level 7 maybe 8 on the ends. As she had full head of high lights about a year ago, so I can see this is why her ends are lighter.

I'm going to strand test a cool level 6 and 6% bleach on another strand. Not sure which toner to get yet. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why are you strand testing a cool level 6? Surely it's not going to lift?

I think the pic looks like a cool 7 into a 10. 3 levels difference is dramatic, 4 might look a bit too much- your looking at blending a 6 into a level 10.

I guess to see for sure it won't go khaki. I'm still learning only in my first year so I guess some experiments worn hurt.

And the pic isn't her hair. She's about a level 7/6 I want to lift her level to a 8 so will balayage with 20vol then see what I want to/ need to tone with. X

I want too deposit she only has about 1/2 cm of natural which is a 5 x

So she's natural a 5, then 6/7 mid length and 8 on the ends so your going to lighten the regrowth with a cool 6 then prelighten the ends?

Makes sense I thought you meant she was naturally a 6/7.

Depends which 6 you are using but you could take a good guess that a cool (blue?) 6 on a golden 8 will go very flat and possibly green as blue and yellow = green.

Well rusk do cool bases or warm bases. I could try a chocolate and mix with a bit of a cool 6 as they come out too warm any way.

And yes need to lift the ends again to a level 8/9 and will tone if I need to. X

Latest posts

Back