Ombre on virgin hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
My daughter is begging me to ombre her hair . She has long, level 7 virgin hair. I have done test cuttings using majerel 10 + 30 vol and 20 vol and 901 high lift tint + 30 vol. All with no or very little change. So is bleach my only option? Thanks.

My daughter is begging me to ombre her hair . She has long, level 7 virgin hair. I have done test cuttings using majerel 10 + 30 vol and 20 vol and 901 high lift tint + 30 vol. All with no or very little change. So is bleach my only option? Thanks.
How old is she? I ombre'd my 11 year old neice hair with bleach and it feels perfectly fine still so i wouldn'tworry about using bleach personally. Strange that you're not getting much lift though

How old is she? I ombre'd my 11 year old neice hair with bleach and it feels perfectly fine still so i wouldn'tworry about using bleach personally. Strange that you're not getting much lift though
Hi, she's 15. Yes I know, I thought the same. I think bleach is the only way forward.

I had this problem with my daughter. She has red hair. The only thing that would lift it was bleach. I did only use 3% though and the condition was fine.

What shampoo and conditioners does she use?

I use bleach on my daughter, it doesn't touch the scalp & the hair is virgin so can cope well with bleach anyway, if you have olaplex use that too, it's like you never bleached at all!

Last edited:
I'd imagine she's got quite a buildup of silicone from tresemme and theres your problem!
Oh right I wasn't aware, I've always liked Tresemme personally. Can u recommend a good shampoo for my children to use?

Oh right I wasn't aware, I've always liked Tresemme personally. Can u recommend a good shampoo for my children to use?

What do you use on yours?

Dove is also full of what I imagine is silicone too it really coats your hair, I tried it once it was really heavy on fine hair

Why?[emoji22] You're a hairdresser you should know better?
Well I feel like I've been told off now so no more tressemme for me or my daughter!!!

Well I feel like I've been told off now so no more tressemme for me or my daughter!!!

Haha! Stick to professional products!

Will do. Thanx
Right, I Ombred my daughter's hair today using bleach, as like I said was the only thing that worked on test cuttings.
I have posted a picture of b4 and after. She is very pleased with the outcome. So thank you all for your advice.
This was my first ever ombre so I'm also quite pleased.
IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG

Right, I Ombred my daughter's hair today using bleach, as like I said was the only thing that worked on test cuttings.
I have posted a picture of b4 and after. She is very pleased with the outcome. So thank you all for your advice.
This was my first ever ombre so I'm also quite pleased. View attachment 195726 View attachment 195727
Even though I said only yesterday that we were happy with the result of the Ombre. Today it looks really quite yellow. Any advice? I use loreal so was thinking dialight 901 or 902.

Latest posts

Back