OMG how amazing is this? Really humbled me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
As salon owners and employers sometimes the going gets tough.

We had 2 staff leave over the past 2 months (went to the same low rate salon that offers amazing wages yet advertises every 3 months for new stylists to replace the ones who left)...

Anyway...

Today I was interviewing, as I have been all week, and one of my staff members approached me...well..here's my Facebook status update...

"How to fail an interview: I ask you what your 3 must have hair products are. You tell me what they are. I ask you "So how do they work? What's the main ingredient that does that?" and you look at me with a blank expression. MULTIPLE FAIL.

Meanwhile, my existing team told me today that next month they are going to climb to the top of Mount Snowdon (highest mountain in Wales) to raise money for kids in the 3rd world who have no access to clean drinking water. All of the money they collect will be used for building new fresh water wells for these kids.

Some people surprise me and others humble me. Today I met hairdressers who couldn't even be bothered to read the back of a bottle in their entire career. Then I talked to XXXXXXXXXXXXX team members who told me they are walking up a mountain for a glass of water. Inspiration is everywhere! So very proud of the people I work with!!! :)"

I think that about says it all!

:eek:

I'm not commenting on the interviewees lol.

How amazing of your team! Do you think you might join them?

I've been thinking more and more recently about how we can make a difference. If everyone does something small it adds up to something incredible.

My cousin is running a marathon this year to raise money for Huntington's disease, which his father in law suffers from and i'm really proud of him xx

Some people make you feel so proud!! (we will forget the other ones :)

I hope your team so amazing I'm sure they will!!

I recently have given 2 gift vouchers as raffle prizes for an all day pamper to cancer research, it's not much but if it puts a smile on someones face then sometimes that's all that matters.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I recently have given 2 gift vouchers as raffle prizes for an all day pamper to cancer research, it's not much but if it puts a smile on someones face then sometimes that's all that matters.

I did something similar just before Christmas for 2 local cancer charities.

One of the lucky recipients also brought along her full paying best friend and now I have 2 new clients and access to a whole new market as they are both 'ladies who lunch' with friends.

I hadn't expected that at all!

I did something similar just before Christmas for 2 local cancer charities.

One of the lucky recipients also brought along her full paying best friend and now I have 2 new clients and access to a whole new market as they are both 'ladies who lunch' with friends.

I hadn't expected that at all!

I like to think nice things happen to good people in some cases. Good for you hun!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

http://www.justgiving.com/Leeanne-Smith
I too am doing a trek for charity - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge( amongst other challenges ) for cancer research - if any of you fellow geeks are able to sponsor me - even if it's only 50p I would be extremely
great full -

I've joined Look Good Feel Better, an organisation that organises afternoons with a group of ladies having treatment or recovering from cancer.

They get a fabulous gift bag with approx. £300 worth of products and we spend the afternoon showing them how to use them and answering questions they may have on how to rectify the damage from treatment i.e. nail condition etc.

I was really nervous on my first visit ( more because I thought I would be really emotional) but it was amazing and I can't wait for the next one.

H x

I've joined Look Good Feel Better, an organisation that organises afternoons with a group of ladies having treatment or recovering from cancer.

They get a fabulous gift bag with approx. £300 worth of products and we spend the afternoon showing them how to use them and answering questions they may have on how to rectify the damage from treatment i.e. nail condition etc.

I was really nervous on my first visit ( more because I thought I would be really emotional) but it was amazing and I can't wait for the next one.

H x[/QUOTE

Heather I'd never heard of this organisation before but I've just filled in a form to get involved, love being able to give something back and help people out xx

Heather I'd never heard of this organisation before but I've just filled in a form to get involved, love being able to give something back and help people out xx[/QUOTE]

Pinkfairy, you won't regret it I'm really glad I did it. If they don't respond straight away don't worry it did take a couple of months for them to contact me after I applied.

H xx

Really? I've been checking my email already (patience was never one of my virtues :) )

I really want to be involved with this, I try to do my bit for charity but with two young kids I don't have time to train for marathons and couldn't go abroad, etc, so if I can help with my vocation its a bonus! :hug:

H x

Love the sound of this.

I am fundraising for 65 Roses Day this year (charity event for cystic fibrosis). I am trying to organize an online auction, with donated services from local businesses. In turn I am establishing an online local business directory, that will have different levels of visibility and advertising benefits depending on donation amount. A lot more involved than I initially imagined!

Latest posts

Back