OMG - no samples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gill670

Reaction score
Have just called OMG to ask for a sample of the 20% (as I have a regular client who keeps going darker and darker!!!)
Was told they dont do samples but I can buy a starter kit ( which the 20% isnt included)
Did he not like the sound of my voice or has anyone else been told this?
BTW - I have some samples that sent to me 3 weeks ago in the cupboard

Do any other company do a 20% - need a sample b4 I buy a litre of the stuff!!!

Have u tried sienna x 16%?not sure why anyone would want to be darker than that but if they did just add a few tan booster drops in for certain clients hth x

Sent from my X10i

Maybe you could buy their booster drops instead.. If not, I think tandare does an 18% which is quite dark :)

Yes Tandare is a nice workhorse solution and the 18% is dark. You can add the tandare booster drops to the 18%, Turn your liquid into any percentage you and your client desire....These booster drops can be added to the TANDARE or any of our other liquids to increase the DHA percentage and colour!

Simply add a tiny drop to 100ml of tanning solution to increase the percentage by 1% and you have unlimited options and possibilities - guaranteed to have the perfect for all your clients!

Tandare is suited towards medium to dark skin tones, quality DHA, Nice marketing too!!!!!

Browngorgeous.com

:)

I absolutely love the omg solution. The only downfall is they sell their samples in packs of 3 different flavours of cherry, chocolate and coconut although when i bought them I got a vanilla one in it too for £9.95 that i wasnt expecting. Everytime i buy from omg I get a huge amount of extra free goodies, I'm so impressed with them and all my clients love the tanned results. and their service is fast and eficient too, would recommend them anytime :)

I phoned up a few weeks ago and they said they would send me a sample of the 20%. I had to ring twice and the samples never turned up.
I rang up at the end of last week to ask again. I was told they didn't send the samples as well. He told me to ring back later as there weren't enough staff at the time. I said not to bother. I was then told to email them to ask for a sample.Well why do I need to email when I'm already on the phone?!
Anyway, I told them again not to bother and to just forget it and he put me through to someone called Sebastian. He said he would sort me some samples out. I collected them today from the post office. They were delivered quickly and I can't wait to try it tomorrow. I'm a bit annoyed about the long wait but I got it in the end. I'd suggest that you ring and speak to Sebastian. If only everyone who worked there was as efficient eh?
I will let you know what I think of it once I've tried it out :)

Thanks Angelina - talking to someone called Betsy trying to explain I dont want 3 samples in different scents I simply want a plain ole 20% to try for this one particular client.
I did have the tantrick (or tandare?) drops but they seemed to make the solution too thick and I always had problems with the spray stopping when using the drops

I had a few samples sent to me as I was considering being a distributor!This was before all the saga with delivery started....:eek:

I sent a PM to Betsy to ask if she would send me a 20% sample in chocolate to try as I hadnt got either that % or scent in the samples originally sent to me. She said she would send one and even PM'd me to check the address she had and said it would go out in the post to me straight away... she was going on holiday at the time so I waited 2 weeks and nothing arrived so I PM'd her again to chase it and was told that she didnt realise they were charging for them and her manager said she couldnt send it!! No-one bothered to let me know this though!

I was impressed with the solutions I did try but havent been impressed with what I have been reading on here re delivery etc. I need to order some more solutions and am trying to decide if I should order the OMG strawberry ones and risk waiting for a month for them to arrive or just to stick with my current supplier that I know will be with me next day?

Other thing is that my current supplier run offers ie buy 2 litres and get one free etc but OMG told me they dont do offers and always charge for delivery, cant spend over a certain amount and get free delivery!! He was going to get the manager to call me next day but suprise suprise no call ever came....

My head is telling me to stick with the one I am using now and can rely on but I really want to try the strawberry and chocolate ones!! :lick:

I ordered 12%, 16% and 20% over the internet on sunday evening, they were here 8.30 tuesday morning, again I got huge amount of freebies (sticky feet).
Chocolate and strawberry flavours smell lovely :) as do the cherry one, not tried coconut or vanilla yet.

Ok so i tried my sample out. I only got the 20% as that's the only one I want. I actually like the colour. It's more of a brown colour. I currently use Nouvatan which I love but I have been using the LA Tan 18% for those that want a darker colour (nouvatan only goes up to a 16%).
I'm not a big fan of LA Tan as it doesn't last very long and doesn't fade well either so I've been looking for something to replace it. I sprayed my nephew and took before and after pics which are in my album. He was supposed to come back in today so that I could take pics when he had washed the guide colour off. He didn't appear and I'm hoping he comes tomorrow. If he does then I will take another pic and put it in my album.
Here is the link to the album;

http://www.salongeek.com/members/angelina221-albums-spray+tanning.html

OMG 20% solution is my and my friend favorite. I used A-tan before, but now I changing to OMG. Its have a very very dark brown result. Is started fade for me after 7 days, no patchy, my skin was very soft, didnt dry. Everybody asking me, how can I be that dark? I cant say any bad about this solution.
I also tried OMG 12 % , is a very nice brown tan too.
I ordered OMG from ebay, because Im living in Canada, and I received very fast, after 6 days. Is very good because sometimes I have to wait 2 weeks for my stuff from England. :)

I'd like to know how much darker the OMG 20% is than a-tan 16%?

I normally stock 8, 10, 12 & 16% of a-tan but if I changed to OMG I'd probably use 9, 12 and 16%.. not sure any of my clients could handle 20%!

If someone had been having the 10% of a different brand would you spray them with the 9% or 12% of OMG?

Sent from my HTC Desire

I only used A-tan 8 %, 10 %, 12 %. I never tried 16%.
I didnt try yet OMG 9% and 16%. Im only know the difference between the 12%. I like OMG better because is browner, and fading very nice, no patchy and leave your skin very soft.
A-tan dried my skin and I think that why started to patchy quickly on me.

Me and my friend, who now addicted to 20% OMG, have pale skin. But the tan looks very very brown, not orange on us.
But before you change try OMG samples, because everybody have different taste.

Last edited:
I rang OMG as I was confusing myself reading so many different products and machine specs, guy was really helpful, told me what was in stock and also advised me that internet orders are processed quicker than phone orders (helpful tip it turns out) Ordered at 3pm Tues order was with me 11.30 on Thurs - very impressed, and all smells fab !

Can someone tell me what the P&P is please as it's not on their site.

I think from memory it was about £6.70? I did a dummy run of ordering to find this out...

I am still torn!! I have tried samples and liked the ones I had, but I havent tried the strawberry or chocolate ones... I like the sound of both, anyone who has smelt both, whats your preference? :green:

I just put 2 pictures in my album , showing 12% OMG results after washing off the guide colour. (my husband sprayed me so the tan is a littlebit light, not perfect.)

Latest posts

Back