OMG!! so disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare1894

Reaction score
I am still a newbie to doing nails (L&P) and i love every minute of it.

My problem is every set i do on real people always life! I guess you just dont get that on a nail trainer:confused:.

I follow all the PREP rules step by step every time, but i still get lift. can some one please help me and tell me what i am doing wrong?:smack:

I am using:
NSI L&P,
NSI primer,
NSI sanitizer,
NSI top coat,

thanks x

Last edited:
Hi

Without watching you it is difficult to tell where you are going wrong. The most common cause of lifting is poor prep and poor acrylic ratio. NSI is a fab product to work with but you must get the ratio correct - Not too runny and of course not too dry. Your bead should have bounce in it. Once you have placed the bead on the nail, you should see if slowly fill the nail, if you press your brush into it lightly you should see the bead bounce back - if this happens you have the ratio correct x

I hope this helps, make sure the tips are well fitted. Maybe watch Nail Angel on youtube.

Hope this helps hun x

Don't beat yourself up, you're new and it's not as easy as it looks!

Are you definitely removing all non-living tissue from the nail plate?

Is your application in zone 3 too thick?

Are you getting product on the surrounding skin?

You would probably benefit from doing a 1-2-1 with your educator so that they can 'see' your application, you'll more than likely find that they will be able to tell you in a couple of minutes where you're going wrong.

Don't beat yourself up, you're new and it's not as easy as it looks!

Are you definitely removing all non-living tissue from the nail plate?

Is your application in zone 3 too thick?

Are you getting product on the surrounding skin?

You would probably benefit from doing a 1-2-1 with your educator so that they can 'see' your application, you'll more than likely find that they will be able to tell you in a couple of minutes where you're going wrong.

Hi

Without watching you it is difficult to tell where you are going wrong. The most common cause of lifting is poor prep and poor acrylic ratio. NSI is a fab product to work with but you must get the ratio correct - Not too runny and of course not too dry. Your bead should have bounce in it. Once you have placed the bead on the nail, you should see if slowly fill the nail, if you press your brush into it lightly you should see the bead bounce back - if this happens you have the ratio correct x

I hope this helps, make sure the tips are well fitted. Maybe watch Nail Angel on youtube.

Hope this helps hun x

I take forever to do my prep so i think i am getting all tissue from the nail bed. I always use primer too now to stop the lift (but its still doing it!!)

My bead seems to be just as u say it should be, and zone 3 i have tried everything i can think of to sort this out. I have made it thin, think and somewhere in the middle lol. but still the same thing happens:grr:

i will have a look on youtube now thanks for all ur help girls x

hiya

did i read it right, you put primer on then sanitize? Try it the other way round and use scrubfresh, it really is the bees knees. Scrub the nail for about 5 seconds, like you are trying to remove red polish, let it dry and then prime. Make sure you use only a tiny bit of primer and don't soak the nail with it

Its always worked for me! Good luck x x

no no i sanitize first then prime. where do i get scrub fresh from?

thanks x

Latest posts

Back