one big scary step!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliejayne

Reaction score
I've decided, after 2 years of thinking about it, I'm going to do the most scary thing I can think of and move out of my parents house.

I am absolutly terrified, because it will be just me and my daughter. But we need more space and so do my parents. I've lived in this house for 15 out of my 18 years and grown up in it, and I dont know if I could think of anywhere else as home.

But everyone says to me that I will love it, having my own space and decorating it how I want, and having a lot more independance, but they all have boyfriends living with them and im gonna be all on my own!

And I'm gonna miss all you geeks cos I wont have a computer!!

Does anyone have similar experience of this or just advice on how to make the whole ordeal less scary and upsetting??

Hi Hollie,

It does seem really daunting, but you will be fine, and at least you will have your little girl to keep you company. Ive lived on my own since i was 15, at first i rented a little room in a friends house. Then i lived in a caravan, which was awful! Then i met my partner at the time and lived with him in a little flat. You cannot beat living in your own home, be it a room, caravan, or a house!! It will seem strange at first, but you will get used to it, and it is great knowing its all yours, and you can do what the hell you want in it!!
Good luck when you go for it!

Michelle x

Thanks for that, I know deep down that I will love it but it doesnt stop it being scary! my whole world is falling apart today, and i just feel like throwing myself in front of a train and moving out is the last thing on my mind but i appreciate the support.

Thanks much x x

hollie...your whole world..is starting today. believe me it will be daunting but i am sure you can still lean on your parents for support its not not the end of the relationship or closeness but the start of you and your daughters new and exciting life.
you will be scared of course you will but you will be in charge of your own lives and destiny's...and you and your little girl will have each other...a team, i am sure others have experience of what you are feeling but this is a positive step hunny....honest :hug:

there is nothing like the feeling of moving home. sure it will feel daunting, but this is nothing to the feeling of having your own space, of being able to decorate it the way you want.

Are you renting or buying? either way your parents will still be there and you will always have a bolt holw if you need it. You will always be wondering 'what if' if you dont. Go for it, you will be amased at how free you feel.

Hugs hunny and remember all your geeky mates will be sending you love and hugs, and will still be here when you get back.

Amy
xxx

unfortunatly im gonna have to go into council housing, but theres a new system in brighton where you get a brochure and get to chose the house/flat you get, which is good. a couple of my friends have council flats and they are gorgeous places, in nice locations, just a bit small.

but its not permanent! after christmas i WILL start working and then eventually i hope to be able to find a flat that i can pay for and stop scrounging off the state!

Im really looking forward to moving out now ive had time to think about it actually!

thanks and love to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well the application goes off today! and after Ive posted it theres no turninig back! But I cant wait, I think what I need is a fresh start! XXXXXXXXX

Thought Id give you an update! Ive received my homemove pack today, they give you a brochure with 50 properties in to chose from and you have to bid on the ones you want, and the person with the highest prority 'wins' it.

Im priority band c (out of a,b,c,d) so it might take a while but I could be out within a few weeks!

Im gonna have withdrawal symptoms from here. I wont be able to get on every 5 mins anymore!! :cry: x x x

how old is your daughter hunny x x x

ooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bless.

Oh bless you Hollie! I agree it is scary, but trust me, you'll be fine and would love it! Do your parents live far away from where you'll be living? Remember you can always pop round to visit. The nice thing is that it sounds like you'll be leaving on good terms, so all the better for you to pop round and nick their stuff (bits you forget to buy!). I was always stealing my Mum's cleaning stuff, and she knew it was me!

im nearly the same age as you and i wouold S**T myself moving out, but i bet it will be the best thing you ever do

Ive just made a bid on a property, theres only a few in the whole brochure that arent on council estates and Im not being snobby but the estates's round here are really rough and I would be scared to live there. and I dont want to bring my daughter up there either.

The place Ive bidded on is in valley road, mile oak, for the local geeks who know it. It is a nice area and I'd be happy there, Its a 2 bedroom ground floor flat which is exactly what I wanted, but its already had 27 bids so hopefully Im high enough in priority to get it! fingers crossed! x x x

Hi Hollie, i hope you do get your flat it sounds lovely. Im 20 but when i was 19 i moved in with my boyfriend to his mums boyfriends flat. Its was so good to have the freedom but i hated knowing that it wasnt ours, i couldnt decorate it and i didnt feel at home. I often cried all the time. But in the end my boyfriends mum and her boyfriend split up so we had to move back in with our parents. At first i was a lot happier, but now i miss the freedaom and space that we had. So now i am looking to move out too. Its still scary cause my mum pays and does everything for me, but im sure ill manage. I think you will get on fine especially having your little girl, good luckxxx

Hope you manage to get the flat you have bid on Hollie :hug:
I understand your concerns for not wanting to go onto a big estate especially if its a bit rough. But dont ever put yourself down for living in a council property, I was brought up in one and am not ashamed to say so :D
Good Luck :hug:

Im not ashamed to live in a council place, some of them are really nice but the actual estates round here are so bad and I need one near a decent school cos Im gonna be there for 5 years (unless my nail business really takes off and i can afford somewhere!), plus they're so far away from my mummy!! Im really looking forward to it now though. x x x

Good luck hunny, I hope get what you need. I moved out at 18 and it was the best thing ever. Even though I parted on good terms with my family it was time to go. Its intimidating but dont be scared. Remember all the help you need is out there.

Latest posts

Back