One foot peeling underneath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pookywooky

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I have done a pedicure on a friend. She has a problem with one foot peeling underneath. The skin is white and flaky. She has been to the doctor and the doctor is now baffled as to what it is. She has treated it for athletes foot and also eczema to no avail. I don't think it's psoriasis, as I am pretty familiar with the way it appears (due to my Mother having suffered all her life). It's so strange because it's just on ONE foot. I have done her pedicure using Dermol 500 as a finishing cream on the problematic foot. I have sent her home with Dermol 500 too, to try and see if it helps. Has anyone got any idea about what this could be? It's obviously not contageous as she's had it for a year and it's not gone to the other foot. It's starting to creep up the back of her heel now and I think she's terrified it will take over her body!!! Any hints and tips much appreciated.

Pooks. :)

Hi, There is a foot exfoliating product called Magic Foot, basically it is 2 gel filled socks that you wear ffor an hour. This would remove all dead skin and leave feeet clear. Similar product claim that they are effective in treating the likes of athletes foot. Magic Foot doesnt make such medical claims! If you PM me I will send one free of charge Jon

I have a friend with a similar prob that she asked me to look at, It was only on one foot and again white flaky skin.
I told her to see her GP who diagnosed a fungal skin infection. They have prescribed steroid cream.
Dont know whether its the same thing but it does sound similar.

Thanks guys....did the steroids work HC?? Jon, thanks for your kind offer. I will speak to my friend about it and get back to you. Will you be at the Olympia show in September Jon? Could see you for a chat then. I'll be there with my 19 year old daughter...should be a fun day. :)

Pooks.

Latest posts

Back