One for Wella users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbhair

Reaction score
Hi just wanted a few ideas please :)

Im just playing around with grey / Steele toner mixers.

I'm looking at a darker grey tone / light steel

Has any one tried 10/1 3pts + 22/0 1pt with pastel on towel dried hair ( pre lightened base to work on )

Any other suggestions would be great !

Thanks

Personally, I find Wella not quite strong enough for the darker greys. They have always gone more silver/very light grey when we've used them -ie 7/89 7/18 etc.. But I haven't tried your mix as of yet -will have to try it on a strand test :)
We use the Schwarzkopf igora range -we find them much stronger/darker [emoji5]️ (dove grey or slate grey are amazing)
Iv attached a couple of pictures from our clients xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455227213.524540.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455227231.806869.jpg

Which ones which if you don't mind me asking?

Top picture was slate grey -ontop of already silver hair.

Bottom picture was dove grey -we lifted her to a pale yellow, then toned with Wella Illumina 9/60 to get it as clean white as possible, then toned with dove grey 10mins X

Top picture was slate grey -ontop of already silver hair.

Bottom picture was dove grey -we lifted her to a pale yellow, then toned with Wella Illumina 9/60 to get it as clean white as possible, then toned with dove grey 10mins X
Both look lovely thank you x

Personally, I find Wella not quite strong enough for the darker greys. They have always gone more silver/very light grey when we've used them -ie 7/89 7/18 etc.. But I haven't tried your mix as of yet -will have to try it on a strand test :)
We use the Schwarzkopf igora range -we find them much stronger/darker
emoji5.png
️ (dove grey or slate grey are amazing)

View attachment 194232
View attachment 194233
We use the Schwarzkopf igora range -we find them much stronger/darker
emoji5.png
️ (dove grey or slate grey are amazing)

View attachment 194232
View attachment 194233

Hi they look beautiful, I've just ordered them this morning! Thanks for the pics :)

Do you use them on dry or wet hair ? And is that a particular peroxide strength ? I've never used the brand befor .

Another good one in wella is ; 9/60 10gms + 10/69 20gms + 10/1 10gms + pastel on dry hair for max longetivity.
Sorry I've got no pic
We use the Schwarzkopf igora range -we find them much stronger/darker [emoji5]️ (dove grey or slate grey are amazing)

View attachment 194232
View attachment 194233

Hi they are beautiful , I've just ordered them. Do you use in wet or dry hair and what peroxide do you use ? I've never used the brand befor .

Another lovely wella one is 9/60 10gms + 10/69 20gms + 10/1 10gms + pastel on dry hair for max longetivity.

I've just got to work so il have a look for some pics when I've done my first client !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    813.7 KB · Views: 52
Hi they look beautiful, I've just ordered them this morning! Thanks for the pics :)

Do you use them on dry or wet hair ? And is that a particular peroxide strength ? I've never used the brand befor .

Another good one in wella is ; 9/60 10gms + 10/69 20gms + 10/1 10gms + pastel on dry hair for max longetivity.
Sorry I've got no pic

Hi they are beautiful , I've just ordered them. Do you use in wet or dry hair and what peroxide do you use ? I've never used the brand befor .

Another lovely wella one is 9/60 10gms + 10/69 20gms + 10/1 10gms + pastel on dry hair for max longetivity.

I've just got to work so il have a look for some pics when I've done my first client !

The above pic was just on highlighted hair can't find one on full head sorry, but it's a lovely silver tone :)

10/0 and 0/81 i used to get lovely silver blonde x

Sorry I've got no pic

We use it at the basin as a toner, watch it like a hawk! They can go very dark if hair is porous.

and mix with 1.9% for toning :) xx

Could someone please let message me with the cost of Koleston and Colour Touch straight from a Wella rep?

You get 30% discount through a Wella rep.

Last edited:
Hi guys sorry to butt into your thread has anyone tried to achieve this colour? I use wella at the moment but I love the metallic look..... Thankyou in advance X

[
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455655512.939013.jpg
ATTACH=full]194411[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455655501.855499.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455655501.855499.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 33
What's your starting base?

Latest posts

Back