One length haircut?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joz99

Reaction score
This is first cut I learnt when I did my training and the way I was taught was to comb hair straight down at the back, then move to the sides and stand to the side comb hair down and connect with the back...I then completed a 5 week refresher after my little boy and was shown same technique...however I've been watching some one length haircut videos Toni and guy and my hairdressers.com and with the sides they remain standing behind and bring their sections to the back x I'm curious to see which techniques you all use? When I've used the technique in videos to me the front appears longer?

Yeah when cut hair over the shoulder it'll be more of a rounded shape, when you cut it all behind the shoulder it's completely horizontal and square at the back! It depends on the client really, I do both.

Like this pic for example is from a combing hair back technique... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424715140.181287.jpg
I'm always bit worried that client will think it hasn't been cut straight if you know what I mean...how do u explain to client or find out which technique to do on client? X

I ask what kind of shape they want at the back. Usually though unless their hair is just one length with no layers and really blunt and thick they wont notice the line like that because they wont fan i out like the picture!

This is first cut I learnt when I did my training and the way I was taught was to comb hair straight down at the back, then move to the sides and stand to the side comb hair down and connect with the back...I then completed a 5 week refresher after my little boy and was shown same technique...however I've been watching some one length haircut videos Toni and guy and my hairdressers.com and with the sides they remain standing behind and bring their sections to the back x I'm curious to see which techniques you all use? When I've used the technique in videos to me the front appears longer?

I was shown this way too. It makes for a perfectly straight line when pulled back behind the shoulders.

I like having my hair cut so the front appears longer, and my younger clients like it to taper down their back and blended into frame the face.

Hi! I trained at collage and then at Toni and guy too, I always over direct the baseline as I think it looks really nice to have a square base line rather then a round one, my clients seem to like it too :)

Latest posts

Back