One stroke nail art!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalou061987

Reaction score
Ok so this will cheer you all right up! Iv never trained in one stroke just watche some YouTube and thought of give it a go! My nail art training never involved one stroke! And my god you guys are good iv never shaken so much! Iv used cheap acrylic paint just to practise but of I get any good if love to know why acrylic paint you guys use! The one on the left was my first an it's shocking lol! And I thought if have a play with thes pearly ball things someone got me for Christmas (verdict I'm not a fan they seep colour! And not brilliant to apply)! The second on the right I had a play with some texturising powder stuff (also not a fan looks horrible all fury and of you then paint over it just looks like a dodgy paint job (thanks to the friend who brought them me but won't w using them))! So honest opinions (I know they are bad so please be gentle lol) on y first ever go! This includes practising on paper etc iv just gone straight in on some tips! In for a pound, in for a penny and all that! Another thing I learnt today is not to do this with a toddler around!! Cue the hunt round my house for all my nail varnishes! Cheers guys xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389957832.540028.jpg

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389962545.356169.jpg
Haha not sure if there getting worse or better! Ps ignore the fish! I wanting something to do in between while they were drying!

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Last edited:
I haven't done one stroke, but for a 1st attempt they're not bad! Maybe you'd get on better with better paint etc. I'm sure if you keep up the practise, you'll get there in no time. And no, toddlers and polish are about the worst combo...I know this myself haha

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Hun! I haven't done any nail art since last year, hair dressing has taken over but I must admit this one stroke is lots of fun! Makes me remember why I love nail art so much! But I agree on better paints! These ain't covering the nail varnish very well at all! Going to try a few more after lunch

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

cant beat crystal nails paints and brushes hun and they are reasonably priced :)

Cheers Hun! Il invest when iv practiced enough! I had a set of brilliant ones just in basic colours but I hadn't touch the stuff in so long it had dried out! But I'm gonna use this cheap stuff to practise with! The amount of mistakes I make it would cost me a fortune lol! Nearly finished a set though that I'm quite happy with! Il post a pic when there done!

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

How much do you guys charge for these designs roughly? Cos this is so much more time consuming than any other my other designs

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

For my one stroke I charge from £2.00 a nail, doesn't take me long and you will get faster as you learn the technique :)

Good quality paints and brushes are very important.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,445
Your designs are beautiful!! Just finished a set I'm quite proud of! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389973297.325290.jpg
No way as good as yours but I'm ok with that lol ;)

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Definitely improving!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389976732.234643.jpg

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

I can't tear myself away from this! My fella has got home wanting a romantic night and I'm still at the table painting lol

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

This mornings creation in incredibly proud of!!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390050965.986992.jpg
What do you guys think?

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Just seen this on Gemma Lambert's fb page... Im going get practising 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390079291930.jpg
    1390079291930.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3,729
Your first attempts are fab I'm practising one stroke an it's bugging me lol. I be not got to the stage of putting in nails get I just do it on black art paper. The comment relating to crystal nails paints is spot in there brushes an paints are good an we priced for the quality. I also use orgasmic paints too these are fab. Here's a few of my doodles be gentle. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390101162.202350.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390101332.593845.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390101341.439124.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390101351.886833.jpg

Still a long way to go yet for me x

They are lovely Hun! Loads better than mine! I'm doing it over nail Polish Katie! Did some more last night! Can see how much iv improved! Once iv got some decent acrylic paint il be able to have a go properly! Mine is way to watery!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390121118.171046.jpg

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Cheers Katie! Will do! Need to order some decent paint though first! These two weeks are bill paying weeks!! Skint ain't the word!! Lol

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Day three and my first attempt at a one stroke rose! Not a good as other peoples but I'm happy with my progress!!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390164080.680258.jpg

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Hey Maz, they are beautiful, miniature works of art. :)

Hey Maz, they are beautiful, miniature works of art. :)

Thank you, I did these 2 for a client to view as wants blue roses so did them both ways so she can choose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 673

Latest posts

Back