One stroke painting help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissOwen

Reaction score
Hi all

I just started dabbling in one stroke. I purchased some acrylic paints from a local shop as well as a nice small 'one stroke brush'.

I've watched loads of videos and read tutorials and i think i understnad the technique require (although i dont seem to be able to do it yet!!)

But the videos never show what you do with your paints. How you set them out, do you add anything to them, do you just plop a blob of each colour next to each other, do you have them on a special pallette, do you wet your brush before picking up paint........

All this is off camera so any hints and tips about how you set up to paint would be grateful.

Thanks to all xxxxxx

A book I was recommended to get is "one stroke painting" by donna dewberry, I've ordered it from Amazon. It's a general painting book, rather than being related specifically to nails, but details the set up and different strokes etc. used to create leaves, flowers etc.
I have to admit I've only flicked through so far, and as I'm away from home, I can't nip and have a look for you.
I think you're thinking along the right lines in that I would dispense a small amount of paint onto a tile or something....but I don't think you put any water on your brush as you'll lose the depth and density of colour.
HTH, Lou x

Its a good book Donna has LOTs of books that's a grate one! Shame all my stuff is in storage right now! As I have 3 new Copies! (given to me for my b day lol )

I'd also recommend getting the DVD to go with that book that way you can see how she loads the brush , and works the paint up into it , and how she picks up more paint after strokes but not as much as the start it is believe it or Not really easy once you get it !
She will also talk you through the water in your brush ( some strokes it's needed most it's not) , how to use medium and different strokes.
Explaining it is hard though I think as the art is visual the DVD is a must have!

Oops Miss owen lol
part of that vanished !
Was saying if you want to Waite till my stuff comes I'll send you one of my spare copies hun x

I found this One Stroke . She shows herself loading her brush and i think the outcome with what she's done is beautiful. Hope this helps you out a bit, its even inspired me to try this :)

Here's one with Donna working her brush :hug:

link

Thanks to you all xxxxxxx

Ceri - you're a star, the book looks good!!!

Lou - think you're right about the water but i was having a bit of trouble with getting my brush to flow right......not enough pain maybe. xx

Nail Effect - Those vids were fantastic, thank you very much for finding them xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back