Ongoing Training cost advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucelasticx

Reaction score
I am looking to undertake more training over the next few years at a cost that i cant even bear to put into words. Is there anyway i could get a grant or any assistance with these private cpd courses?
If self employed can i offset these costs to tax. I have always had any cpd courses as xmas / birthday pressies in the past.
Any advice appreciated.

Yes, put the courses as an expense against your tax bill.

Yes you can indeed. x

have you tried business link? they are a pain to go through but you tend to get 50% of the cost back.

I am a recognised course provider for them and I know that a lot of their funds have been stopped with the new government and are only giving out for Level 4 and above, but its worth giving them a call and they may be able to point you in the right direction for other organisations.

Yes put them in receipts for your tax return.

Thanks for all your advice.

Wales is different to England and having phoned The Welsh Assembly they have advised me of some other funding routes open to me. Unfortunately i dont even qualify for a career development loan so i think the chances of any money back are slim.
I will add to this link at a later date if i have any luck and can therefore help others!!!

Latest posts

Back