Online payments-a little warning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might start giving more people the option to pay via Bank Transfer then.

It's actually (when you're dealing with lots of transactions in a day) a bit of a bind to be honest, as when I get a Paypal payment it emails me directly to let me know when It's been done...rather than me logging into the online banking every few minutes (and doing it with it that STUPID dongle thing my bank insists me using) to check.

Hmm...decisions.

Just ask then to drop you a quick email or text when it's done. That's what I do with my clients. It only takes a second :)

Just ask then to drop you a quick email or text when it's done. That's what I do with my clients. It only takes a second :)

True...but the cynic in me would still want to double check it had been done!....if you know what I mean :eek:

It seems that no matter what system you use, there will be others that try & exploit it :(

Personally, I prefer to pay & receive by bank transfer as it's easier for me to separate my monies (paypal is in personal account). For my wholesale orders I also accept debit/card payments over the phone.

Try & avoid paypal if I can due to their high fees!

so far I haven't had an issue with Paypal...knock on wood!

but could you not let your clients know that there has been some issues with paypal and you will now mainly be accepting bank transfers? if there is the odd client that insists on paypal, I would let them know that you won't be e-mailing them their files until their payment has been confirmed through paypal first. Don't know if this will work for you, but just a thought I had.

Hi Carl, sorry to hear that has happened to you. You have such a great approach to customer service too, so it seems even more unfair.

For me, I am a lazy ar*e and if a website has the PP button I will choose to pay that way rather then go and delve into the abyss that is my bag for my card. I'm even more wary now that I have not long discovered x3 unauthorised payments leaving my account to a company I'm not even signed up with.

Bottom line is though, I would be happy to pay in any form that was felt to be secure (as it can be).

You could always just check your account maybe twice a day, at lunch time and the evening and reconcile your accounts that way.

Latest posts

Back