Opened in female gym - need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickbeautyfix

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently opened inside contours female gym and I am in a good space but nobody seems to be interested! I don't know how to market anymore then I am or get people to like my Facebook page other than my friends..

Staff at gym have been great and supporting but in saying that there is only 4 staff members.. I am not sure what to do and nervous as rent free period has ended and I'm only making maybe 1 appointment a week. I want some motivation to continue this... But finding very little!
I offer waxing massages and facials.. Is there anythingg else I should offer being in a gym that isn't costly?
Help!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394612950.507871.jpg

Body wraps? X

I think it's because your in a gym. People go to the gym to workout and get sweaty. Not to get pampered.

Not to say it can't work but can take a year + to build up a decent clientele. This would be the same anywhere.

Just takes time.

Lash extensions!
Spray tans? Maybe not ideal if they are serious gym goers but I'm sure there are members that don't go that often that would be keen.
Good luck!

What about nails?
Start talking to people and asking if they want to have a look at the set up, hand flyers out and put up a poster in the changing rooms maybe.
Have a mini taster day, so they can come in and have a nosy of what's on offer.

Oh and try to market your massage as a great way to unwind and relax after a hard workout out :/ maybe

Looks great by the way x

X xx good luck xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do they have personal trainers there? Maybe chat with them and set up a reward scheme, eg each milestone they reach with the trainers (weight loss each 5lbs they lose or new level of fitness etc) they get a % off as a reward? Extra motivation for them + happy new clients for you!

I had a place in a gym. I would 100% get into nails, in particular pedicures!! This was my bread and butter at my gym. Its also a service you can offer to do on the staff and its right in front of people's faces. Bam! Look at my nails aren't they nice, our therapist does them here blah blah blah. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY, can't stress enough :p nails!! Shellac was also part of my bread and butter. Members got this instead of regular polish as it lasts so long, no chips. Regular polish doesn't last well if you doing spin classes etc even weight training. Just natural nails, you don't have to offer enhancments so this makes it slightly more affordable. You can even start without the shellac and build it in after.

I would also advise you, if you haven't already, to market outside the gym. Draw in customers from outside sources as it really helps. There only so many members that you can get, outside clients will fill those gaps.

Have you had a open day? I did this and got a HUGE amount of bookings. I offered 20% off bookings taken that day for the first month I was there. It really helped and I had repeat clients just because of this little discount at first. Offer free mini facials and 10min chair massage or something like that.

Also are you noticeable in the gym itself? Is you room central and members can see it? Do you have advertising everywhere? I had advertising in the changing rooms, hallways and front desk. I also had my logo on the front door with beauty services available here underneath. Its important to be visible!!

Make sure the staff is promoting you properly. You can also put a voucher in for a percentage off into the welcome packs your gym probably supplies. If they don't have these packs, ask staff (with owners permission) to hand the voucher to the clients when the sign up, renew etc. This way right away they know of you.

I worked, self-employed, in a salon on the same premises as a ladies' gym. Whenever I had a gap I would nip in, with manager's permission, and introduce myself to anyone who didn't know me, chat to anyone who wanted to, give free advice and offer immediate treatments at a discount. ("I've got an hour available in 10 minutes for x% discount . Would anyone like it?") I picked up a lot like this, and made new clients.

Latest posts

Back