Opening a salon with my hubby!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amymc15

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Ok... My hubby is currently in the army but due to a knee injury (army's fault) he's is almost defiantly going to be discharged on medical grounds!!! .. He has been in the army from 16 (now 30) and knows nothing else!! .. My question to you all is ... What treatments could he train in (that wouldn't put people off because he's male ... If u know what I mean!) ... His main part would be as marketing and in charge if stock and staff etc but as the army give him money towards training it seems a waste for him not to train in some area's!!!
Sports massage and tanning sprang to mind initially but any of you ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated!!
I realise I am still not qualified enough myself YET but we need to start pre planning before he is let go (scary times)
Thank for taking the time to read this
X

What about barbering? Instead of doing beauty. Might be an easier transition from army to hair than to beauty? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

What about sports massage and fitness? Could you have a salon/gym? X

I don't see why he couldn't do full hair or beauty. There are many successful male beauticians (and the worlds most expensive manicure is by a man), the only area I think some women may feel a bit uncomfortable with would be intimate waxing.
I was once told by a client while training "I prefer men doing my hair, they know what other men want to see and make me beautiful in a mans eyes" that client would have been stunning wearing a used bin bag after being dragged behind a train, its just the way some feel.

Ask him what he wants to do, after all, if his heart isn't in it then he won't enjoy it and will inevitably do a poor job.

Love the idea of a gym too. Could even have a cafe on one half if he would like to do chef training or even social work such as councelling in a separate room at the far end of a corridor that the other staff have no access to for people who are scared or ashamed or just want discreet.

Best of luck in your venture whatever he chooses to do and hope he heals fast xoxo

Oohhh they sound like exciting times ahead not scary! The idea that he does hair and you do beauty sound good to me! Good luck!!!

Thanx guys and gals for you comments!!! Your right about doing something ur passionate about and it showing, just need to find what it is for him!!! :0) x

How about an accounting qualification? You will need an accountant and he can do all the number crunching for you....? My husband does most of it for me and my god it helps soooo much.
xxx

Why don't he do massages, intimate male and male waxing, facials, male grooming in general

Aww im in a similar boat, my hubby is army( 10 years) and hes getting made redundant( or is up for it). We have talked about opening up a salon/gym, he can do personal fitness and training, and i do the massage and papering side of things.

get him to get he army to put him on a small buisness course too

Does your hubby want to do beauty treatments??

My boyfriend is training in his second year of hairdressing and we are plannng on going into business together when he's finished! he enjoys it and is really good at it, and we are best friends so cant wait to be around each other all the time lol! i think its a really good idea and clients will like the family feel to the bussiness - good luck on whatever area he decides to go into im sure you guys will have a lot of fun X

Latest posts

Back