Opening home studio for facials and make-up-focus on the 40 plus woman

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not heard of it, but am going to go check it out! Thanks very much.
have you tried Nimue, I am looking at bringing this into my salon at the moment, we do a lot of 40+ clients

Thalgo sounds very interesting and my ears perked up at the acid peel as you mentioned. I know it's important to make sure we are starting with the best, clean skin we can get. Thanks for the info!

I have Thalgo salon, most of my clients are over 40 that have facials. Thalgo have a fab anti-ageing range. I also have their I beauty device which has Tri-polar radio frequency , (amongst other things) gives amazing results instantly. They also have just launched Mceutics , which is an acid peeling , renewing facial and home product range.
I have fantastic support from my area rep, which is invaluable for me as I work on my own.
I'm very happy with working with the Thalgo range, and my clients love it.

This is something that was on my mind too! Perhaps highlight my experience and knowledge of the US market. I certainly have spent most my life in a very glamorous place and one where skincare is talked about like the weather! And kudos for you mentioning the truth about product. Of course, quality is quality and is most important, but once you move beyond the best core products, you can often be paying for the marketing portion of things. Smart thoughts! Thanks!

I've just thought, what kind of brands are big in the US? Because that can be a selling point there (your familiarity with it). I don't think buying a top brand is foolproof, lots of the stock on sale on ebay is from failed businesses after all. Agree with Essentia, you really do have to be passionate as clients pick up on it.

This sounds very interesting! I would love to hear more about your RF experience and results too. Do you have any pics? Thanks for all your help!

Skincare wise, I've been trialling a small company called Face Matters which contains organic silica. Have to say I absolutely love it so I'm bringing it in for clients. I have used RF for about 4 years and the results are fantastic. Another machine worth looking at is the Icon Ultralift. I bought it in September last year and combine the treatments, you can use no needle mesotherapy with it. I think with products it really is a case of trialing lots, and not necessarily the most expensive on the market x

I don't have many photos of RF facials, more of stretch mark treatments really. I do have photos with the icon I can upload though :) and no problem for help :) x

That would be great if you could! Let me know how to find them if you do. Thanks again!

I don't have many photos of RF facials, more of stretch mark treatments really. I do have photos with the icon I can upload though :) and no problem for help :) x

Thanks Baggybear.
Maybe just use a nail hardener every few days?
Wonder what hairdressers use who shampoo the

Sorry this jumped on my phone into the wrong section!

Spa find is very reasonable price and the serums are good for mature skin it has many ingredients found in much more expensive products too no start up fee xx

Thanks Becky!

I'm on my way to check it out!

Spa find is very reasonable price and the serums are good for mature skin it has many ingredients found in much more expensive products too no start up fee xx

Pm me if you want any info I use it at the min, when I tell clients that the serum has padina pavonica an anti ageing ingredient in which is in many more pricey brands people always want it! I can never decide on brands though x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455193143.619854.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455193178.070362.jpg

These are a couple of photos I have, worth giving Jacqui at icon a call as she does free demos of the machine on a model for you, definitely worth looking into it your target market is 40+ xx

Brilliant! Thanks very much for these!

These are a couple of photos I have, worth giving Jacqui at icon a call as she does free demos of the machine on a model for you, definitely worth looking into it your target market is 40+ xx

Just out of curiosity whats brands did you use in america? Could always try stocking them over here and that would give you a great usp.

Hiya,

I am not up on what products are now popular in the US. That's because I practiced full skin, hair and nails for about 20 years and then moved on to working in corporate land (Software manager-NOT glam and NOT fun! LOL). However, I can tell you that most brands we are using here, are also in the states. I imagine there are precious few that do not translate over to the UK these days.

Just out of curiosity whats brands did you use in america? Could always try stocking them over here and that would give you a great usp.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455454890.688458.jpg
thought would send you the results I had from a facial treatment yesterday. She's thrilled!

Oh WOW!! I love, love, love it!! Really brilliant results and skin looks so fresh too!

thought would send you the results I had from a facial treatment yesterday. She's thrilled!

Latest posts

Back