Opening hours when working alone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpenrose

Reaction score
I am setting up a small salon - it will be just me working there.

I have extensive base of mobile clients, many already agreed to come to salon when it is ready, however there are few clients, who will never go to salon - they will be happy to pay extra, but have treatments at home.

I cannot just drop them, as they have been my regulars for a few years, spend a lot and are nice to deal with. It would be a major financial loss at this stage.

So, because of this I am planning to advertise my salon as "by appointment only" and offer early morning and late night bookings - something that is not available in my area. And here I am stuck with what to put on the door - I really don't want to word it as "by appointment only", as for me personally it is very off-putting and can be read as "don't bother to walk in".

I came up with the following:
"The world in not 9-5 anymore, so we offer flexible opening hours to suit your needs - please call 0000000 or visit rik hopkinson - creative designer to book online."

When booking online they will be able to see the actual availability, not just an enquiry form.

Do you think it is too long? Would it put you off from booking if the door were locked and you had to call to book?

Will this be on he door all the time or just when you are closed?

That would be permenent, instead of opening hours. I just think that if I put hours on the door, I will have to be there within these hours, therefore I need nice wording to allow for flexibility.

Not at all if its home based salon I wouldn't expect people just to chap your door

By appointment only is fine
Just state your early mornings and late nights too

How about just something like: We work beyond the 9-5. Ask about our flexible hours to suit you (number)

That makes me think you'd be their 9-5 min

Oh, thought he was going to be + extra lol. Okay.

We work flexible hours to suit our clients, call us to find out how we can work around your schedule?

Oh, thought he was going to be + extra lol. Okay.

We work flexible hours to suit our clients, call us to find out how we can work around your schedule?

I really like this one :)!

It will be for high street salon, not home-based.

Sorry thought I read home salon

If it's a salon, just have a sign saying

Walk In's welcome.
For appointments call xxxxx
www.xxxxxxxx

Hi, we put a sign in the window saying to call and leave a message when we are all in the treatments and I have to say not many would call considering to amount of time people are trying to come in-we could hear them from the treatment rooms.
I think as a high street salon lots of clients are expecting to pop in to have treatments, for advice, to book or buy products. I would say financial you will be better keeping the salon open.

Latest posts

Back