OPI gel nails in 30 minutes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
Just a quick question. I don't do gel nails very often as I mainly do massage. I can't seem to get my time below 45 mins, but usually take about an hour. Is there a quicker way to do gel nails that I'm missing?? How long does is take you on average?

I think that's fine for gel esp if you are curing I'm uv, and since you don't do them all the time its best to make sure you do a good job even if it takes a bit longer than others x

I usually find that the actual application of gelcolour doesn't take very long but I like to make sure I've done thorough nail prep; cuticle work, filing etc so the whole process takes me around 40 -45 minutes start to finish too. Better to take longer & do a good job than than a poor job done quickly.

Thanks ladies. That makes me feel a bit better. :)

I agree! I usually take 45mins to an hour...but I really like to make sure I have done a perfect job, rather than rushing because of timings!!!x

Just a quick question. I don't do gel nails very often as I mainly do massage. I can't seem to get my time below 45 mins, but usually take about an hour. Is there a quicker way to do gel nails that I'm missing?? How long does is take you on average?

Does that include removal...if it does I am throwing myself out of the window x

No, not removal. That's another 10-15 minutes or so on top . Step away from the window!! Lol

I think that timing is fine considering you don't do it often! My time is generally about 35-40 mins and as Hennessy04 said that's including prep etc. I like to make sure the nails are perfectly manicured and ready before I paint and the painting itself takes not even 10 mins. I find OPI gel takes longer to set than other gel brands so I like to paint a nail dehydrator on before my base coat which I also believe keeps my time down.

It takes me about 45-1hr to do a removal and reapp on my regulars normally 45 new customers without same time to really do thorough prep before [emoji4] xx

Thanks ladies. I use the dehydrater too. The prep takes ages, but the colour just peeps off if it's not done properly. At least I'm on the right track. :)

Latest posts

Back