OPI gel polish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laoura

Reaction score
Hi.i bought few opi gel polishes but i am wondering what is your experiance with it's removal.because to tell you the truth i thought it would be easier to remove.it gave me a bit of hard time today .i filed the top coat a bit and soaked it for 10 minutes and still it didn't come off easily.any advice?

I trained with OPI in gel color but no longer use it - no reason just found shellac & bio more popular. When soaking off you need to ensure all the topcoat has been filed, then using the remover wrap and leave 10 mins - it starts to lift & pop off the nail, if it's still not ready then leave another 5 mins, the longer it's on the longer it will take to remove as its a pure gel polish x

When I did my OPI gel training I was taught not to file top coat but to use their expert touch removal and foils, then place in their special mitts. I also use heated mitts too because otherwise it is very difficult to remove with cold hands. Ladies who have especially dry nails, as a few of my older clients have can take a bit longer to remove and also if the gel has been on longer than 2 weeks but otherwise I find it only takes 15 minutes to take off.

When I did my OPI gel training I was taught not to file top coat but to use their expert touch removal and foils, then place in their special mitts. I also use heated mitts too because otherwise it is very difficult to remove with cold hands. Ladies who have especially dry nails, as a few of my older clients have can take a bit longer to remove and also if the gel has been on longer than 2 weeks but otherwise I find it only takes 15 minutes to take off.

I've trained with that many brands I think I'm getting confused with Cuccio veneer filing the topcoat off [emoji85] - your right OPI gel color doesn't need the top coat filing, I remember though it used to pop off a little like shellac does X

I've trained with that many brands I think I'm getting confused with Cuccio veneer filing the topcoat off [emoji85] - your right OPI gel color doesn't need the top coat filing, I remember though it used to pop off a little like shellac does X

I'd reminds me of the magic fish you can get in crackers, it folds from both ends usually x

I'd reminds me of the magic fish you can get in crackers, it folds from both ends usually x
It is like that! [emoji4] good comparison x

Ha that's so true [emoji4]

http://www.beautyexpress.co.uk/gel-foil-wraps/

Use similar to these with Expert Touch removal and the gel colour comes off without a problem. I don't file top coat or use heated mitts. (mainly through laziness, not because I don't agree with the gloves!)

Latest posts

Back