OPI gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalalaurz

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondered if OPI do Red My Fortune Cookie in gel and if not what's the closest colour to it...? Thanks! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutch tulips & big apple red are both available in gelcolor.

Attachments

• opi red my fortune cookie comparison.jpg
    opi red my fortune cookie comparison.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,552
Great thank u x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone find opi gel difficult to remove?

No, I find it a dream to remove. 10 minutes tops. Are you having problems?

Yes I am - it doesn't seem to dissolve like shellac. In fact I soaked off black cherry chutney, on a client, and it took too long. One of her nails it just didn't want to budge at all. It seemed to adhere to the nail and I had to buff it off :irked:

How long had they been on the client, and I know it may sound silly but did you use opi's removal wraps?
Lo x

I find it a lot easier than shellac to remove :)

They were on for two weeks and no I didn't use opi removal wraps - maybe that's what they needed. I used Jessica erase - do you think that would have made a difference then?

I use jessica erase to remove all gel polishes including opi - it's lovely, moisturising & smells of roses. Also very powerful.

Opi removes with ease using erase & in general opi famously is a dream to remove. Wraps will not affect removal.

Things that affect removal:

*Thick base coat
* Thick coats in general or more than 2 colour coats
*Glitter
*Cold temperatures
*Not enough remover/bad fit of removal wrap or foil.
*Length of time since application. Longer on = longer to remove

Last edited:
Hi willowrose I always apply thinly and I also use heated mittens, so I don't think it's the temperature - my client also uses oil religiously day and night. Do you leave the wraps on longer than 10 mins? I don't seem to have this problem all the time, although it has happened on a few occasions - very odd!!

Under those circumstances it should just fall off.

Tbh if it's only very occasionally it's most likely one of life's unexplained anomalies. It won't be you or your application as you don't usually have issues so I don't have the answer.

What I would have done though is add extra remover, rewrap super tightly & ultimately remove any stubborn bits with an erase soaked pad. No buffing madam!! However frustrating.

Thanks for your help. Let's hope it was just 'one of those things' . Incidentally, I have advised her to leave the gels off for a few weeks and I am treating her with IBX.

I dont think it matters what wraps you use, but I find you really have to make sure they are tight to the nail so they get maximum contact with the remover.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back