OPI Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Hi All.
I'm considering phasing out my Biosculpture gels and I'm looking for something new. I love OPI and use their polish. I'm thinking about either their gel colour or Axxium but I already use Shellac so I need a replacement for gel not gel polish.
Is gel colour more like a gel polish or would it be a good alternative to Biosculpture or would I just be buying OPI's answer to Shellac?
Thank you.xxx

Bio sculpture is as far as I know one of the only true gels. All the gel
Polishes are hybrids. I use artistic and gelish and am thinking about training in bio!!! The colours are so pigmented which gives good coverage. I might be wrong as I'm no expert but am fairly sure. Xx

Actually, most of the gel polishes are 100% gel. IBD/ProGel/TruGel, OPI, Ink, CG Glaze are all 100% gel. Gelish and ACG are almost all gel. CND Shellac, Light Elegance and a few others are hybrids and contain a significant amount of solvent (25%, I believe). And there's nothing wrong with solvents or with being 100% gel. OPI is pure gel, but its base coat is hybrid. Hybrid gels are generally considered to be easier to remove. I believe BioSculpture is considered a soak off gel - as opposed to a gel polish.

Last edited:
Because of the hybrid base coat of opi gelcolor it easy to remove too :)

Latest posts

Back