OPI gelcolour peeling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sineaddiamond

Reaction score
hi girls when i do the opi gel colour it chips near the cuticle and if i wanted i can just peel the whole colour off is this normal im wondering is my lamp to old and mabe i need new bulbs.
hope ye can help

Hi when you say you're lamp is too old - is it an LED?

its a bio sculpture lamp that i use for gel nails

stumped - i have done the OPI gel course and I had to use an LED lamp so not sure whether the lamp you're using is not the right one - maybe someone else could assist you with this one? Good luck

from looking at other posts i think its a uv lamp im using im going to get a led lamp just to be sure because id say my bulbs are old aswell so its not strong enough. thanks for your help

Have you tried curing it for longer. With the LED its only 30 seconds. Maybe cure it a bit longer? I'm not sure, I'm new to gelcolor too, but I have the new lamp which seems fine. Are you prepping properly? Removing all the cuticle from the entire nail?

Personally I would say if it's chipping from the cuticle you may not be pushing your base coat down far enough.

Once you have applied and cured your base coat check under your light to make sure it goes right to the cuticle obviously without touching tho.

Also check you are completely covering all the colour with topcoat this too will cause chipping.

Best to use the correct lamp as this is designed to cure the gel properly without over or under curing xx

You can use the cnd lamp for opi gelcolour.
base coat....1 minute
colour .........2 minutes
colour..........2 minutes
Top coat.......3 minutes:lol:

yes i think ye are right its a combination of what ye have said ill try it out more on family first see if i can fix this problem i do know i was curing for 2 minutes each coat and 3 the top coat and ive just sen its 3 minutes each coat so that could be it im just going to get the led lamp and see from there

Latest posts

Back