OPI Gelcolour - your pics and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbeauty

Reaction score
Hello girlies, how are you gelcolour users finding your product? Would love to see pics and interested to know what your tips and tricks are for i.e how long do yours last? Best colour? E.t.c

Here are some of mine..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393630936.371655.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393630968.705503.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393630987.555455.jpg

Yeah a OPI Gelcolor thread. I LOVR this product been using in for two years nearly.
Favourite has been Cajun Shrimp but I loving Every Month is Oktoberfest, I ordered it 4 weeks ago and need another bottle as my clients adore it too!
Most of my clients get 3weeks out of it if not more. With darker colours I always cap the edge slightly with a light third coat of Color before top coat.
I love the removal it just dissolves, and my retail has soared as clients buy the colour in polish, so win win.
SS

Yay indeed for a Gelcolor thread! Ha ha. I love it and Every Month is Oktoberfest is definitely one of my popular ones too as well as Malaga Wine, Strawberry Margarita & Cajun Shrimp. My Favourite Ornament is best for sparkle! Dying to get my hands on some of the Brazil collection!!! :biggrin:

SS I also do a third thin swipe on the ends for dark colours as does shrink back fast...

Yay!! OPI fans!! I adore OPI, always have, so the gels were a no brainer for me... I'm wearing Eurso Euro atm, over 2 weeks so ready to change - what shall I put on next, lol..... Tauple-less Beach methinks!! :cool:

Oh, I forgot to add that I sell tons of the polishes and even more of the minis - so handy!!

I havnt seen a opi thread like this yet, so thought id start one!! I love opi! Love their lacquers, I've just started out with them and so far I love it, and the lamp!!! But some of my clients have come back with chipping in the first 10 days, any ideas? I tried using the 280 side of the buffer to see if it makes a difference and I'm yet to find out. Although I used the 220 side on a friend with a French (alpine snow, princess rules) and it lasted 3 weeks! But she did have very strong nails, any tips?
I'm so looking foward to ordering the Brazil colours they look fab!! X

Also love OPI GelColors! Our clients loved OPI rnp, so the transition to gel was almost effortless. They really like having a gel option of their favorite colors and every time an old color comes out in gel, I get a new gel customer. I keep a list of "colors I want OPI to do in gel." Iconic is definitely the right word.

A few surprises have emerged up on the favorites list. In the winter, I Have A Herring Problem has been a surprise hit - works great with jeans. Spring's big surprise was You're Such a Budapest. Peace, Love and OPI has not been as popular as we'd thought, and we're waiting to see if Rosy Future takes off.

Love OPI and we do tons of gels but the glitter gels are my bug bear! I find there too transparent or I have to put on a good few coats, does any body else feel this?

I love OPI GelColor. My favorite at the moment is DS Pewter, fab colour that virtually covers in one coat but is completely dense in two. I like all the new Brazil collection, great consistency and coverage. Love the ease of removal of OPI too.

Here's a picture of most of my collection (I have a couple more that wouldn't fit in the rack.)

Attachments

• IMG_2236 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_2236 (960x1280).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 740
My absolute favourite is My Favourite Ornament.
Looks great with 2 or 3 coats and soooo sparkly :D

Laura xx

DS Pewter

Attachments

• IMG_2230 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_2230 (1280x960).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 754
Yay indeed for a Gelcolor thread! Ha ha. I love it and Every Month is Oktoberfest is definitely one of my popular ones too as well as Malaga Wine, Strawberry Margarita & Cajun Shrimp. My Favourite Ornament is best for sparkle! Dying to get my hands on some of the Brazil collection!!! :biggrin:

SS I also do a third thin swipe on the ends for dark colours as does shrink back fast...

Do you go onto the actual nail or just swipe across the free edge at the end (if you get what I mean) thanks x

I love OPI GelColor. My favorite at the moment is DS Pewter, fab colour that virtually covers in one coat but is completely dense in two. I like all the new Brazil collection, great consistency and coverage. Love the ease of removal of OPI too.

Here's a picture of most of my collection (I have a couple more that wouldn't fit in the rack.)

Is it wrong that I got all excited in the pit of my stomach seeing your collection.....sad I know but love OPI Gelcolor xx
I don't have and haven't seen my favourite ornament Iay need it xx

Do you go onto the actual nail or just swipe across the free edge at the end (if you get what I mean) thanks x

Yep just try and swipe free edge but if shrunk back too far I do a swipe and then a final 3rd thin coat to make sure no bulky edge.

Tried to just upload pic of My Favourite Ornament - it's the lighter glitter. Absolutely stunning on it's own, layered or as a signature nail ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 711
Is it wrong that I got all excited in the pit of my stomach seeing your collection.....sad I know but love OPI Gelcolor xx
I don't have and haven't seen my favourite ornament Iay need it xx

Lol.

I agree with others. My Favourite Ornament is a great one to have. It covers as a really dense glitter in 3 coats and is fantastic as one coat over loads of dark colours.

I'm going to order that. I use Princess Rules over many colours and the layered colours have proved very popular with my clients. It's gorgeous over Miami Beet, Louvre me or Louvre me not and pink flamenco.
I use which is witch for a sparkle but I'm going to order My Favourite ornament it looks gorgeous....how I've missed that colour I do not know, what collection is it from? SSx

Yep just try and swipe free edge but if shrunk back too far I do a swipe and then a final 3rd thin coat to make sure no bulky edge.

Thank you x

I literally have about 8 OPI Gelcolors.
Then I went to the dark side and took on Shellac aswell, I love both!
I have about 80 OPI Lacquers ( not bad considering I was solely up until 3 weeks ago a mobile beauty therapist )
I wish I could afford to have a collection of OPI Gelcolors as impressive as these ones.
I have just invested in megamix and I'm hoping it is going to transform some of my lacquers into gels :) xx

OPI is all i use. I love them... i have almost every color in gel!
the Brazil collection is amazing.

Have you guys heard about a recall of the brazil collection? Ive been hearing rumors but i cant tell if its gel, regular, and why...

I've just had the opi rep out and get my gel kit next week can't wait any advice please as never used it!!

Latest posts

Back