OPI Gelcolour - your pics and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPI is all i use. I love them... i have almost every color in gel!
the Brazil collection is amazing.

Have you guys heard about a recall of the brazil collection? Ive been hearing rumors but i cant tell if its gel, regular, and why...
Ohh nope not heard any rumours but will keep my ears open x

I've just had the opi rep out and get my gel kit next week can't wait any advice please as never used it!!

Shake the bottles well and keep them warm before application.
I sit with my base, colour and top coat between my legs while prepping nails. Very thin coats and cap edges after each coat, very lightly especially dark colours, as it's prone to pulling away from free edge and side wall, just play with it!! I Love it, are you getting the lamp too? X

Thanks, said I'd be okay to use my old gellux one for now untill I can afford the opi one!

Have you got the lamp?

They are bringing put a bottle shaker don't no if uve seen it :)

:Love:

Really, I have one but I'm sure it will be better, excited.

Thanks, said I'd be okay to use my old gellux one for now untill I can afford the opi one!

Have you got the lamp?

Yes I've got three in my shop. I LOVE it.
Best thing I've ever bought. SSx

Yeah I heard, I'm meeting the OPI rep next week and she's bringing on for me to see SSx

Looks good, but 59.99 USD. I wonder how much it will be to us in the UK? We usually pay way more than double US prices for OPI products. Anyone ever looked at OPI LED lamps on US Amazon?

Looks good, but 59.99 USD. I wonder how much it will be to us in the UK? We usually pay way more than double US prices for OPI products. Anyone ever looked at OPI LED lamps on US Amazon?

Yeah I know the price is a put off. I have a paint shaker thing which is great for shaking shellac but the opi bottles are a bit heavy for it.

I have bad repetitive strain in my wrists and find shaking the bottles hard :Scared:

The shaker is free with purchase of 12 new gelcolors so I read in the envy magazine

The shaker is free with purchase of 12 new gelcolors so I read in the envy magazine

Really? I must investigate this! They've just released The Showstopper Collection. So that's another six I need already! One of them is Mod About You. Was that in the Garden (something) Collection? I seem to remember the polish not being very popular.

Attachments

• NEW-GELS-2.jpg
    NEW-GELS-2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:
A tip when using Live.Love.Carnaval from the Brazil Collection:

Apply each coat really thin.

I had a client today using this colour and it wrinkled. First time ever with an OPI GelColor. It did seem a little thicker than other colours, but I didn't taken too much notice until it was too late. I reapplied thinner with no problems.

The Showstoppers are gorgeous. I got Shorts Story and Mod About You today instead of a couple of the Brazil colours. Think Mod About You will be popular (hope so anyway!) as such a pretty pale pink.

I was using OPI and Shellac, but because OPI doesn't come open stock, I have pretty much stopped. Wish they would let all the new collections be open stock so you could purchase only the colors that would be utilized... :irked:

I'm confused, the show stoppers and pastel collections have some of the same names, although I don't think the pastels are released yet. The show stopper collection looks more pastel than 'bright' to me anyway?

I ordered My Favourite Ornament and it arrived yesterday WOW!! I love it, is possibly my favourite colour so far! I had 8 clients yesterday and 6 of them had it, I layered it over Salomon Sands, You Don't Know Jacques (stunning), bubblebath and I'm not really a waitress and one on it's own!!! I'm fully booked today and I reckon it will be used alot today too!! Thanks ladies for recommending this colour SSxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395452857.934015.jpg

My music notes with honk if you love opi 👍😃 xx

I have been looking for the PROshaker by izen in the uk for a while now and other than buying directly from the company and paying £150 for shipping I hadn't been able to find it. Just tried again and found it for 64.99! And £5 for next day delivery! Will keep you posted once it arrives if it's as good as it seems!

I have a robart shaker but the opi bottles are a bit heavy for it so would be interested to know how you get on :lol:

Latest posts

Back