OPI gels, opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautybumblebee

Reaction score
Opinions on OPI gels, need a gel range and I have always loved their polishes so I'm leaning towards them? Anyone else use OPI?
Thanks

I use OPI GelColor and Gelish. I much prefer OPI GelColor - good consistency, good application (apart from four colours that shrink, but that's easily solved with flash curing), great strength, great shine, easy removal. I also love that I can retail the polish (particularly the mini bottles) and that my clients can choose old favorites of theirs from the classics range. My only gripe is the very poor customer service we get in the UK from the distributor.

I use OPI GelColor and Gelish. I much prefer OPI GelColor - good consistency, good application (apart from four colours that shrink, but that's easily solved with flash curing), great strength, great shine, easy removal. I also love that I can retail the polish (particularly the mini bottles) and that my clients can choose old favorites of theirs from the classics range. My only gripe is the very poor customer service we get in the UK from the distributor.

Thank you for your feedback

That's my gripe too, the distribution is taking 5-7 working days at the min [emoji35]

But they're lovely products to work with and a lot of customers recognise Opi as quality x

I agree with everything said already. I love GelColor, but it took a while for the love affair to develop! Jenny

I agree too! I'm new to the Industry and chose the OPI GelColour course but if I'd known beforehand how difficult it would be to source and buy their products then I might have chosen another brand. The trade account is a complete joke but I have found an alternative supplier for the gel colours, I've learned to stay away from ebay! The quality of the products and equipment is fab and I LOVE the range of colours, just as well really ;)

OPI GelColor is really good I love the colours and the shine and there so easy for removing! But at the salon I work at we use bluesky. The polishes are really good and my fav are the color changing x

Bluesky? I thought that you couldn't get insured with that? x

The trade account is a complete joke but I have found an alternative supplier for the gel colours, [/QUOTE]

Would love to know what you mean about the trade account being a joke x

Jordon I work there I no nothing about insurance but my boss isn't stupid so you must be able to

Sorry.. I was only asking. I just wondered because it's not considered a professional product and I didn't know insurers covered.

The trade account is a complete joke but I have found an alternative supplier for the gel colours,

Would love to know what you mean about the trade account being a joke x[/QUOTE]

Hi, the shipping is very slow, they let you buy items then when you receive the package they're not included and their response is that they're out of stock and you haven't been charged for them. When things are visibly out of stock on the site they can never give you an accurate answer as to when they'll be back in stock. I only use my trade account if I have no other option! On having said that, my rep is lovely!

Latest posts

Back