OPI Infinite Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLou100

Reaction score
Interesting, saw this online earlier, "OPI Infinite Shine"....nail lacquer that looks like gel without the curing. Presume it's OPI's version of Vinylux, hope they match to existing shades! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 758
10 days...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,992
I saw this on opi products Insta page... Intrigued!!

Has anyone tried this?

Not yet...
Anyone ?

The UK launch is march 2015.

We have it in the US. It's very glossy and seems to wear well. Bright color choices too.

It's good, lasts well, but it's not "like a gel manicure" and it doesn't have the shine of a gel polish. Come on OPI, to be honest I'm tired of this type of misleading advertising.

It's not any more shiny then Vinylux or any other polish with a decent top coat used.

I love the colors, the application is great, great coverage, awesome nude colors (big plus), lasts 5-7 days before clients remove it, the shine after a few days is like a shine of Vinylux. Nothing super special. Drying time- good.
BUT... on quite a few people (myself including) the top coat bubbled.
I'm experienced, almost 20 years in the industry, we use a LOT of polish. Still do lots of polished manicures (esp. since Vinylux came out) so lack of experience cannot be to blame.
I never, never have issues with bubbling like this.

It happened on couple occasions, on-and-off. It happened on my nails with the black color (i dried the polish between coats), I skipped the top coat of a few nails and those were bubble-free.

It happened on one of the reds today, meanwhile we used that red in the salon a few times and it didn't bubble. It didn't bubble over the nude yesterday.
It's hit and miss. I'm not too happy about this.
We use a full system (base too) and use it according to instructions.

I'm puzzled. I will update you with more info when I get to use it more.

Thank you for sharing this xx

I really don't understand why they have made these in a totally different colour range to GelColor. I would have been tempted to buy these for retail to clients who want to do their own toes, but they want the colour to match their GelColor fingers.

Latest posts

Back