OPI Led lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
I currently use the OPI gel color range. I wondered if id be able to use other brands of polish like shellac gelish etc with the OPI LED lamp and the gel color base and top coat? OPI have some great colours but are very slow at bringing out new colours

You cannot use the OPI LED lamp to cure Shellac. At the moment, Shellac is only UV curable with the CND UV lamp. Later this year, CND will be coming out with an LED lamp that will cure Shellac, Brisa and Brisa Lite.

It is not recommended by the manufacturer to use another brands lamp to cure a product. You do that at your own risk. I have successfully used the OPI LED lamp to cure Gelish though. I haven't had any problems doing this either.

Following on ...

Please do not use Shellac with another top or base coat or lamp. The secret of fast removal is in the Shellac base coat and you would be messing up any system by using different brands together.

We would prefer that people don't use Shellac at all, if their intention it to mess about with the synergy and they are not prerared to use the entire beautiful Shellac system.

Latest posts

Back