Opinions needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiesBB

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

So as it states opinions needed. I had a thread a while back regarding a nail tech working in a friends salon who my friend found out wasn't registered as employed and was receiving fraudulent benefits.

She no longer works at the salon and now works from home and STILL isn't registered as self employed and STILL claiming benefits, I'm pretty much guessing the landlord doesn't know she is running a business from the house either. She also drives to appointments and events without a license.

Now if it was you knowing this information would you just keep quiet?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with you?

Do you have proof that this woman is claiming benefits and working without declaring? Do you have proof that she isnt registered? Solid proof?

You can still receive benefits whilst working depending on the income you receive so do you have her income and proof?

When someone sits there bragging about receiving unemoyment benefits when I pay my taxes then yes it gives be the hump!

You can report someone and if they are all legal there is nothing for them to worry about.

As a senior investigator for a team that deals with benefit fraud (by day :D) I am obviously a little biased...but it is fraud like this that we would probably never find out about if people don't report it, as her work is likely entirely informal. Fraud costs every household in the UK over £2000 a year, increases insurance premiums by 5% and diverts our taxes away from vital services such as healthcare and education, so it really is everyone's business. As baggybear said if she has declared her work to all the necessary authorities you reporting her will not cause her a problem.

And don't even get me started on the driving without a license, she is putting everyone she passes in other cars, buses and on foot at risk- disgusting!

As a senior investigator for a team that deals with benefit fraud (by day :D) I am obviously a little biased...but it is fraud like this that we would probably never find out about if people don't report it, as her work is likely entirely informal. Fraud costs every household in the UK over £2000 a year, increases insurance premiums by 5% and diverts our taxes away from vital services such as healthcare and education, so it really is everyone's business. As baggybear said if she has declared her work to all the necessary authorities you reporting her will not cause her a problem.

And don't even get me started on the driving without a license, she is putting everyone she passes in other cars, buses and on foot at risk- disgusting!

Exactly. People need to stop this "it's none of your business" attitude. Even if my friend was doing this if they didn't stop when I spoke to them I would report them, no qualms. It is us taxpayers they are defrauding! You and I they are stealing from!

Hi geeks,

So as it states opinions needed. I had a thread a while back regarding a nail tech working in a friends salon who my friend found out wasn't registered as employed and was receiving fraudulent benefits.

She no longer works at the salon and now works from home and STILL isn't registered as self employed and STILL claiming benefits, I'm pretty much guessing the landlord doesn't know she is running a business from the house either. She also drives to appointments and events without a license.

Now if it was you knowing this information would you just keep quiet?

I thought you meant without a licence as in insurance, I'm so innocent sometimes I didn't even read that correctly, this but I seriously disagree with, as for the rest I don't think what opinion you get in here should effect your actions to report or not.... You are tied to the fact that yest this is your friend, then on the other hand it's illegal and tax evasion surely and fraud which is serious serious stuff, I'd personal advise that they sort they're act out or stop working as they won't get away with it forever!!!

The car side I would openly say I would happily hand her over as I know people who have been mocked down or in accidents with people who have had no insurance and its so unfair!! I would let her know how strongly I disagreed with the whole thing and to not speak about in front of me. Lol

Report her! Simple as that. Nothing to hide she wot care, I know I wouldn't as I know I'm paying everything I should xoxo

Why waste energy and Brain space if its not affecting your business or clients. She will be found out in time karma will be on call. Don't sweat the small stuff

Why waste energy and Brain space if its not affecting your business or clients. She will be found out in time karma will be on call. Don't sweat the small stuff

What a silly statement. Sorry but she is affecting everyone's business. Including yours! Why do you think you pay tax? Do you enjoy supporting benefit scroungers and blatant welfare thieve with YOUR hard earned tax money? How about if she hits your car whilst driving round uninsured? Would that be a waste of head space then? When you can't get to your place of work to earn money because someone driving illegally has written your car off?

Will Karma be justly served when this woman , who can't be bothered taking driving lessons or is simply unable to pass her test runs over your child?

I would personally rather focus my own business and clients than anyone else to honest thats all I'm saying. Yes it's disgust me that people rip the system off and drive without licenses but I'm not going to get up in the morning and upset myself about it, I vote every year that's where I air my option. Yes if I had concrete proof and it was interfering with my business or clients of course I would do what I could but I would need proof before having a rant #windyourneckin

I would personally rather focus my own business and clients than anyone else to honest thats all I'm saying. Yes it's disgust me that people rip the system off and drive without licenses but I'm not going to get up in the morning and upset myself about it, I vote every year that's where I air my option. Yes if I had concrete proof and it was interfering with my business or clients of course I would do what I could but I would need proof before having a rant #windyourneckin

It does effect you. It costs your household £2000 a year #getyourheadoutofthesand

Wow, didn't mean to cause a row like I said it was just opinions. It does effect my clients as they are trying to get mine and found out today bring rather unprofessional saying things,about my business, all untrue! Have not made any comments to anyone

It's better to tell hmrc you are suspicious of someone committing fraud and let them check it out if your wrong no one gets hurt it just gets back at all these people who abuse the system you don't need proof if you have reasons to believe they will check her out I think it's everyones duty to report anyone being fraudulent as at the end of the day I'm not prepared to pay for them to sit on there butts watching Jeremy Kyle all day while I flog my guts out ok rant over x

Haha at cant afford wine!

Wow, didn't mean to cause a row like I said it was just opinions. It does effect my clients as they are trying to get mine and found out today bring rather unprofessional saying things,about my business, all untrue! Have not made any comments to anyone

Ok now business is business as the saying goes lol i'd do as the next post says and just suggest you suspect fraud, no pointing fingers and what makes her presume you anyway? She's being so blazey about it all lol.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back