Opinions on hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferH1986

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm just looking for opinions on what I should do with my hair now. Bit of background, I was around a level 4/3 in January and decided I wanted to start the process of going blonder so I thought I'd go Ombre first, went and had this done and as there was a lot of orange in my hair it took a few goes for it to finally look nice. Then around easter I went full on blonde, to a level 10. Then I had a bit of a wobble and thought Ooh shall I go darker. So I went back, they weaved out some of my blonde and applied a 7/3 colour touch which was nice but looked gingery around the roots (could be down to the fact my roots were lifted beforehand). Anyway I went on holiday for 2 weeks and this really lightened it to a more golden blonde and I've actually lost a lot of length as I think the sun really damaged it.

I'm trying my best to care for it but my hair really can't go without being straightened, it's not even nice curly it's just frizzy. It's come time to do my roots and I'm having another wobble, can you tell me which shade, not the trade colours obviously as I will be going to a hairdresser but just which direction to head as I'm not entirely sure this shade suits me.

So as a timeline of my hair :) Here you go - So this was before and after the first ombre (ignore the mad child!)

2dc8zgy.jpg

This is just after the 7/3 was applied and I do like the shade but as I say the roots were really gingery and I'd say my natural roots are around a 6.
726owk.jpg

The was 2 weeks after so obviously it had faded a bit but you can still see the warmth
rcpiz9.jpg

And this is now - It has had a trim but I feel like my hair is just disapearing.
by1ao.jpg

Looking at these I wish I'd either just left it dark or left it ombre as I really miss the length and I know it's going to take forever for it to grow back :(

I am using pure cocnut oil overnight, how often can I use it? I've read on here that it could cause damage if used too much.

Thanks everybody! :D

Ooops - Sorry for the size of the photo's!!

Stop straightening it! I know it's not what you want to hear but it will really solve a lot of your problems. Look into pretty ways to wear it up while your growing it so you don't need to use the straighteners. Also invest in a quality shampoo and conditioner, L'Oreal Absolut repair is very good.

As for the colour I really think you suit being lighter, the colour in the third picture is lovely. If you want to go a little bit darker why not try a root stretch, this would make your roots a lot less noticeable when they come through.

Stop straightening it! I know it's not what you want to hear but it will really solve a lot of your problems. Look into pretty ways to wear it up while your growing it so you don't need to use the straighteners. Also invest in a quality shampoo and conditioner, L'Oreal Absolut repair is very good.

As for the colour I really think you suit being lighter, the colour in the third picture is lovely. If you want to go a little bit darker why not try a root stretch, this would make your roots a lot less noticeable when they come through.

I've been thinking of a root stretch but don't they look better on longer hair? I'm wondering if just to have my roots done as it's virgin hair so won't cause any damage to the already damaged hair really look after it and when it's grown back more and feels stronger then try changing it but that's going to take awhile. I wish I wasn't so indecisive. Thanks for your advice x

I have a friend who's hair was about the same length as yours, she had a root stretch and it looked lovely. Most important is use the right shampoo and lose the heated tools though!

I have a friend who's hair was about the same length as yours, she had a root stretch and it looked lovely. Most important is use the right shampoo and lose the heated tools though!

I get paid in a week I'll go and get that Loreal stuff from Sallys. And tonight I'll give it a go at letting my hair dry naturally and see how it ends up. Thanks :D

Latest posts

Back