Opinions on my work please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie077

Reaction score
Hi all im still new to the nail world but and for the first time after i did my nails last night i felt they were good! I no my painting isnt great and nor is my shaping (im new to almonds). Any advice on how else i can improve?! Ive used brisa lite sculpting gel. Thanks x
hope pics worked!

Not too shabby!! Well done :p

Some posibility of touching the side walls on the fore finger for sure but that could be the polish/shellac/whatever you put over them for the glitter adhesion layer. You need a tiny bit more control near the skin, or a little more refinement with an abrasive. Remember though, better to sculpt with your brush than your file, no point in putting product on just to file it off again.

Is the middle finger shorter than the others or is it just the angle of the photo? :oops:

You might need to go slightly thicker on the thumb stress area as that looks a little flat and I potentially see a breakage if put under pressure from underneath.

Lovely side shot of the pinkie, beautiful stress point, thin at the free edge and cuticle area - I'd be happy to wear that nail :D

Keep up the good work :cool:

Thankyou so much! Yes on fore finger i did touch with shellac and a little gel on one side!

Middle finger is a touch shorter:(.

I will try to build apex more on thumbs next time and hope they dont break:p

I was rather proud if that one! But i find i struggle to get them all the same! That is the best nail which interestingly is my left hand (im a lefty) I'm hoping one day it will just click. :) xx

Hi all im still new to the nail world but and for the first time after i did my nails last night i felt they were good! I no my painting isnt great and nor is my shaping (im new to almonds). Any advice on how else i can improve?! Ive used brisa lite sculpting gel. Thanks x
hope pics worked!
They look great like the art work. I work with beginning nail techs all the time practice and portfolios are most of my bookings and you are way ahead of the majority of new nail techs I've worked with keep up the practice and good work

They look great like the art work. I work with beginning nail techs all the time practice and portfolios are most of my bookings and you are way ahead of the majority of new nail techs I've worked with keep up the practice and good work
Thankyou so much its nice to hear other people say im doing good gives a nice confidence boost:)

By art work I mean the color choice and accent nail

Thankyou so much! Yes on fore finger i did touch with shellac and a little gel on one side!

Middle finger is a touch shorter:(.

I will try to build apex more on thumbs next time and hope they dont break:p

I was rather proud if that one! But i find i struggle to get them all the same! That is the best nail which interestingly is my left hand (im a lefty) I'm hoping one day it will just click. :) xx

If this is your own hands then you did REALLY well, it's so much harder on yourself as all the angles are wrong and it's near on impossible to pull back the skin of the lateral folds so the product doesn't touch, so definitely well done.

I'm very impressed with that pinkie too, my pinkies are always the worst as I can't keep them steady whilst I file and I end up rocking the abrasive and getting wonky side walls :oops:

If this is your own hands then you did REALLY well, it's so much harder on yourself as all the angles are wrong and it's near on impossible to pull back the skin of the lateral folds so the product doesn't touch, so definitely well done.

I'm very impressed with that pinkie too, my pinkies are always the worst as I can't keep them steady whilst I file and I end up rocking the abrasive and getting wonky side walls :oops:
Thanks hun! Yes its my own hands i havnt got many people to practice on so i normally do my own. I agree i can't pull lateral folds back so product tends to pool i have to use a orange wood stick before curing!:p

I use a pot to brace my fingers while applying product but that dosnt help with filing! Thats where ive most improved i think! :D

Latest posts

Back