Opinions please! Pamper party for 13 year olds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrys8373

Reaction score
Hello geeks

A lady first contacted me about a pamper party for her daughter and 5 friends and wanted a mini package (25 pounds) each for the girls so I put a few nice ones together and sent them. She came back the following day and said that she has changed her plans and wants only a mini pedi or mani for the girls so I quoted 13 pounds each with a little goodie bag and cupcake for each girl. She has now come back to say there will only be 3 girls.

I have bought all the stuff for 5 girls and I am so reluctant to do this now. I won't be making anything, i will be going to their house so will be a lot of work involved for about 18 pounds profit at the end of the day. How would you word your email? I would feel like I am messing her around but in reality I have been messed around.

Sorry to have a bit of a moan but I feel obliged now but it's really not worth my while anymore.

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think. Xx

Hi
I would say to her that the price you quoted was based on the numbers she gave you & that if there are less girls, unfortunately you will have to raise the price per head accordingly:) To be honest, I wouldn't beat around the bush, I would just tell her like it is, that you do need to be able to cover your costs & as a business also make a profit.

Good luck x

When I have a party enquiry I always state upfront that I have a minimum call out of £60. So I would call her and say " I am happy to do the party for 3 girls but I'm sorry I should have told you earlier that I have a minimum charge of £60. You may continue with the booking of 5 girls or I could give each of the 3 girls a mini mani and pedi plus goodie bag plus cupcake for £20 per head."

In my opinion that is a fantastic deal and I'd book it for my daughter. Don't leave yourself out of pocket though. She might say no and then you don't have to do it, and if she says yes do it as simply as possible. Nail shape, hand/ foot cream, polish! x

Back