Ordinary towels or disposable towels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have a nice fluffy blanket for massage etc. I got them from beauty express, and they never go crispy like towels :biggrin:

I have a salon, clients are very happy at my levels of hygiene and more than happy to have their own towel that's not reused. I have been to salons where they cover you with a towel and then it's used on every other client after that, not hygienic, particularly with waxing. And there is no need for a fluffy towel for a pedicure

Thanks MaisyMouse. I haven't had a problem when mobile, clients have been happy with disposables and my reason for using them was the fact that they are one time use. However, it was my husband that said that I can't be using them in my home salon and that's why I am now unsure, plus they don't look the same as fluffy towels.x

I use a mixture of disposable and fluffy. When it doesn't compromise client comfort out come the disposables e.g. to remove products during spa mani / pedi, round face hole of table for massage etc. I use fluffy where I think they're needed e.g. over client during massage.

So rather than either why not use both and then you have the best of both worlds? 😃

Thank you Redduck. I think that may be the answer. If I have both to hand then I can just see how it goes.x

YOu might want to consider luxury fluffy microfibre towels. They are a revelation!
They stay looking fab, are soft and fluffy, and they dry in a fraction of the time for ordinary ones.
They don't need to go in a tumbledrier, need no fabric softener and seem not to damaged by acetone and the like.
These are the ones I have.

Microfibre Towel | Belisse Beauty Shop

They do a 2 week free trial to see if you like them too!

YOu might want to consider luxury fluffy microfibre towels. They are a revelation!
They stay looking fab, are soft and fluffy, and they dry in a fraction of the time for ordinary ones.
They don't need to go in a tumbledrier, need no fabric softener and seem not to damaged by acetone and the like.
These are the ones I have.

Microfibre Towel | Belisse Beauty Shop

They do a 2 week free trial to see if you like them too!

Aw, thank you so much Lynne. I will definitely have a look at these! I also can't wait to get in my home salon to start using my Swissdermyl products that have been in my cellar since before Christmas!

You can have fluffy towels and be hygienic, you just need to allow enough for drying etc. Some places will reuse towels - probably regardless of whether they are disposable or not. It is a little like the nappy debate - once you factor in manufacturing, transport, laundry, disposal how much is there in it?

I would make a choice based on what I wanted for my salon!

I had a look at the microfiber - they look great, but having just replaced all mine, I'm not in the market for them.

If you do go for fluffy, shop around. I actually found the towels I liked at John Lewis for quite a bit cheaper than my regular wholesaler!

Finally, fluffy towels will just stop being fluffy unfortunately!
New towels = whole new fluffiness!!!

Vicki x

Hard water makes towels go crunchy too :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Microfibre gives me the creeps, I can't touch it :Scared:

Microfibre gives me the creeps, I can't touch it :Scared:

I am the same, I'm afraid. Ive yet to encounter a microfiber towel that doesn't make me cringe when I touch it.

Which disposable towel do you get?

Hi Miss Dolly,

Thank you so much for your interest in Easydry and for asking about us here on Salon Geek.

We have a number of large salons, small salons and mobile hairdressers that use Easydry - our system really does seem to work for all sizes and styles of salon. If you would like to see some of our clients and what they have to say you can check out our YouTube channel: EasydryInternational - YouTube

People tend to think cotton towels are fluffy towels but as you all know, it is really hard to keep cotton towels looking good. They easily get colour or bleach stains on them and can look over-processed after a few months of washing and tumble drying. Easydry towels come neatly folded and look great displayed on shelves in the salon. They are available in black, white, red and pink. We also have smaller towels for shorter hair and for a bathroom hand towel.

Someone raised some environmental concerns that I'd like to discuss. Easydry towels are made from sustainable resources, our towels and packaging are recyclable / biodegradable, our inks are non-toxic. Easydry towels biodegrade in just 12 weeks! We are the only towel to have a full lifecycle measured carbon footprint and we are the only towel company to have an FSC Certificate. We aim to be as eco friendly as we can be.

Our towels are 100% hygienic and as they are single use, you can offer your clients the luxury of having their own personal towel. Some salons give the clients their Easydry towel to take home with them after their appointment. That way it's a little something extra that you can offer your clients, and it means the towel gets further uses outside of the salon.

I hope this information was of some help to you? If you need any more information I'd be delighted to hear from you here, via DM or you can email me on [email protected]

Thanks,
Angela.:D

Hi Miss Dolly,

Thank you so much for your interest in Easydry and for asking about us here on Salon Geek.

We have a number of large salons, small salons and mobile hairdressers that use Easydry - our system really does seem to work for all sizes and styles of salon. If you would like to see some of our clients and what they have to say you can check out our YouTube channel: EasydryInternational - YouTube

People tend to think cotton towels are fluffy towels but as you all know, it is really hard to keep cotton towels looking good. They easily get colour or bleach stains on them and can look over-processed after a few months of washing and tumble drying. Easydry towels come neatly folded and look great displayed on shelves in the salon. They are available in black, white, red and pink. We also have smaller towels for shorter hair and for a bathroom hand towel.

Someone raised some environmental concerns that I'd like to discuss. Easydry towels are made from sustainable resources, our towels and packaging are recyclable / biodegradable, our inks are non-toxic. Easydry towels biodegrade in just 12 weeks! We are the only towel to have a full lifecycle measured carbon footprint and we are the only towel company to have an FSC Certificate. We aim to be as eco friendly as we can be.

Our towels are 100% hygienic and as they are single use, you can offer your clients the luxury of having their own personal towel. Some salons give the clients their Easydry towel to take home with them after their appointment. That way it's a little something extra that you can offer your clients, and it means the towel gets further uses outside of the salon.

I hope this information was of some help to you? If you need any more information I'd be delighted to hear from you here, via DM or you can email me on [email protected]

Thanks,
Angela.:D

Hi Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to give me information about Easydry towels. If it's ok, I will be in touch via e-mail, just so I can ask a few more questions. Thank you. :)

Thank you to all the geeks that have given me their opinions and advice on this subject.x

I'm a self employed hairstylist and I love easy dry towels. It's just less hassle for myself with washing and I feel clients like to know its a brand new towel that's never been used it also feels more hygienic. Also cuts time from having to wash then dry and fold ordinary towels.

I'm a self employed hairstylist and I love easy dry towels. It's just less hassle for myself with washing and I feel clients like to know its a brand new towel that's never been used it also feels more hygienic. Also cuts time from having to wash then dry and fold ordinary towels.

Thank you for replying pinksmurff. It's good to know what your clients think of the disposable towels as well as yourself.x

Latest posts

Back