Organising a charity night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
Has anyone actually organised their own charity event? Myself & a local MUA want to raise more money for a charity we are both close to. Not really sure how to go about it. Do we just ask local companies/parish halls/businesses? Do we need any kind of insurance other than out business insurance?

What kind of charity event do you have in mind? Perhaps you could contact a local hotel & see if they'll help you host a ball?

If the venue could part subsidise the evening and make the money at the bar, you could host a grand raffle and get companies to donate prizes, sell tickets which cover your costs and include a donation.

Maybe i'm thinking on too bigger scale though...

Not aware that you would need insurance, as the venue itself should have it

I will be offering beauty & nail treatments, MUA will be offerin make-up/hair treatments & pin ups/demos & we also have a few other small businesses interested eg cakes, balloon making. Not sure how to go about it as never organised one before.

Not sure how big a scale we are thinking just unsure of how to go about it. Never thought of hotels, good idea thankyou :)

Latest posts

Back