Orly or OPI help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura d

Reaction score
Setting up my own mobile business and want to know which nail varnishes to use any advice please.:)

To be honest, i wouldnt use either. lol. :lol:

I use CND enamels. Long lasting, super shiney, dont chip easily, go on nicely, dont go thick, ever!!

AND They are cheaper than orly and OPI. :green:

xx

OPI is lovely, I'd say its better than Orly...

I'm loving OPI. Fab coverage, great colours, easily available and last well on the nail.

I have used both.. I have Orly at the moment and find it ok.. I also have a couple of OPI.. This is a bright colour and it goes on well too... I find Orly a little long on the drying side and they do tend to go thick a little too.
Creative .. I have 2 of these and find them horrid.. the brush was is fine.. that was a long time ago so they may have improved since then..
Why don;t you buy one of each and see what suits you better...

I would love the whole collection of OPI but $$$$$$$ !
Also I made a mistake when i first started my business.. I went crazy and bought a heap of colours... about 42 i think..... my clients mostly have french tip so most of them sat in my drawer going thick... also when i did have the occasional client asking for colour ( mainly winter).. they would say... got any new ones... ( only 42 that they have already seen!)...
My advise is buy a couple each week or fortnight and that way you are not wasting money,time or product and you may even find that some clients have their own polish that they just love...
And watch the mags for colours of the season.. people always look at the celeb's nails ..
Hope that helps;. sorry it was so long.

^this is why there are some collections during the year... so that it changes your color display, and there are always the "in" colors that you will sell in retail...

I must say, I have many OPI polishes but look at my av,,, the first one I bougth 2 years ago is still very fine, I use it on my feet in winter... (a dark purple)

but you have to handle them with care... no shaking, keeping the bottle up so the brush is always into the polish, etc.

OPI is lovely, I'd say its better than Orly...

Isn't it funny how we are all different because I'd say the opposite!!!!

I find Orly colours are one of the few brands that actually look like the colour in the bottle when it is painted on the nail, the gripper brush is fab, and the price is right plus they don't go thick and gloopy.

So given the responses already it looks like you need to try out the different brands for yourself and make your own choice!

I find Orly colours are one of the few brands that actually look like the colour in the bottle when it is painted on the nail, the gripper brush is fab, and the price is right plus they don't go thick and gloopy.

lol, i find orly go terribly thick!!! BUT i DO love the gripper brush!!

Well when I changed from CND I had the same dilema !

I choose OPI because I find the polish lasts ages, I never get any chipping on toenails french or colour clients don't remove it until it has started to grow halfway up nail or they come for another pedicure. Fingers can last anything between 5 - 10 days depending on the client.

All my clients love it and adore the new collections which are out every few months with a gorgeous stand. Also with OPI you have an area manager which will come and see you every 6 - 8 weeks with new products and latest collections apart from Jessica I don't know of any other nail ranges that have reps ?

I have to say though I think the mini polishes orly are fantastic, I can imagine they'd sell really easy or the price could be incorporated into the treatment and the client gets to take one home for free. Wish OPI would launch these !!

One more thing I LOVE the OPI brush !!!

I do agree with Sassy though you need to try several colours from each range for yourself, if we all liked the same thing then there would only be one nail brand :)

OPI has some mini polishes too!!! they come with every collection, request them to your rep, she may have some for you, they do very well for retail, but only few are available ;);)

very different responces here so your prob as confused as when you started!
I love my creative enamels and my second all time fav is Orly. These are the two I use in the salon tho its really mostly Creative and Orly is being phased out:cry: OPI goes so thick......... eew!

distributing OPI...

I'd like to know which OPI lacquers come thick... you can pm me or post it here but I'd love to know

I love orly polishes,clients really like them too. Just looking into retailing the mini ones too.

Setting up my own mobile business and want to know which nail varnishes to use any advice please.:)

I have worked with o.p.i for years i love it..and it has a huge client following clients already love it and its so hard wearing n chip free:)

Latest posts

Back