osteoporosis and massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
Hi All,
Anybody have any advice for massaging an elderly lady, early 80's with osteoporosis, have been massaging her for years but this has only come to light, obviouly tension massage, deep pressure etc is a NO NO just wondering if there is any tips...... have her tomorrow thanks in advance

Also of anybody knows anyone who has any extra info regarding the recommended diet etc it would be much appreciated, attempting to do my homework here for her!
ta all

Hi, just cut & paste this from the internet for you, google and you will find lots of things, hth Heather

Calcium and vitamin D are the two main nutrients required for combating osteoporosis. However many other nutrients such as Vitamin K are also known to be beneficial, as is the consumption of tea, which contains antioxidant polyphenols such as theaflavin and catechins. It is therefore a good idea to take a well balanced osteoporosis prevention diet, rich in fruit and vegetables along with added calcium and vitamin D (supplements if necessary) in a diet designed to treat osteoporosise.

Hi All,
Anybody have any advice for massaging an elderly lady, early 80's with osteoporosis, have been massaging her for years but this has only come to light, obviouly tension massage, deep pressure etc is a NO NO just wondering if there is any tips...... have her tomorrow thanks in advance

Also of anybody knows anyone who has any extra info regarding the recommended diet etc it would be much appreciated, attempting to do my homework here for her!
ta all

Think you have answered your own question here, just do a light massage, asking her frequently if the pressure is ok, altho I am sure she would tell you if the pressure was too much, good luck, let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back