Ouch, I bit my tongue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
So after their being a few threa recently on topic that are controversial and that we would generally avoid talking about with our clients I came across something today I thought I'd share.

New client, for full head foils. Consultation-fine-mixing colours-done-get her set up with refreshments and magazines.

"Ooh" she say picking up a mag with Elton John his partner and their elder son and new arrival.

Anyway I start section she goes straight to the photos an interview.
"I don't know it's just so strange two dads" ok...so I jus say oh that's lovely they have adopted another baby.

"There is no substitute for a mothers love" - again I keep quiet and say I'm sure the children with have lots of positive make and female figures in their life.

"Two men, the poor kids are not going to have a normal life"

Can she not take a hint this is something were obviously not having the same thoughts about and a road I'm not going down?

I said "No they won't have a normal life they will have an extremely privileged life with many opportunities"

She put the magazine down and state she couldn't read it. It's like she was goading me into a row!

I had an extremly racist client once- I excused myself saying I felt sick-I did sickened by the crap that was coming out of her mouth. Grrrr!

I suppose that is her opinion, whether you like it or not, she is entitled to it. We all just have to accept that everyone will always have a different point of view on everything. We must respect this and move on.

It sounds like you handled it really well. Controversial subjects and clients will never be a good thing. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What's that saying ..... opinions are like @rseholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks

I had to walk away from someone in the salon today who's a Christian & said that women who dress in short skirts are provoking guys to rape them. :eek:

What's that saying ..... opinions are like @rseholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks

I had to walk away from someone in the salon today who's a Christian & said that women who dress in short skirts are provoking guys to rape them. :eek:

Lol reminds me of a ringtone I want to buy, it gots " ringtones, everybody's got one they're like assholes"

In regards to contraversial issues, there are a few I would have to stop a service over, such as same sex marriage, same sex adoption and homophobia. I've only had to stop once and ask a client to leave with half a cut. She had said "queers shouldn't get married, its descusting" funniest part was her face when I said to leave as I find it extremely offensive she has us such a thing to me regarding my sexuality.
If I'm no good to marry and I'm a queer I'm no good to do her hair.
Other issues I just go hmm and leave them waffle on or take the hint I'm not listening one bit to the conversation as I can't comment even if my views are the same (I don't want a client with a different view to find out I have the same position on contraversial issues) xoxo

I once had an elderly client tell me my (ex) boyfriend looked like a thug as he was bald lol poor guy couldn't help it if his hair was no longer there! I tried to reason with her but she got ruder and ruder ... Had to bite my lip there.

I find it much easier being mobile than standing in front of a mirror when clients are rudely opinionated ... I can roll my eyes till my hearts content ;)

I work part time as a receptionist in a dentist and I had a patient ask me which dentist she was seeing as it was an emergency appointment and she wasn't seeing her usual dentist. I told her she was seeing Dr Ahmed Youssef (who is Bulgarian). She asked me "does he like people like us?" I looked at her confused and asked what she meant. "I mean does he like white people?" Was her reply! I just laughed and said "of course" (but really wanted to tell her not to be so racist):evil:

I once had a client say she thought her daughter in law was a "dirty p@k1" because her child was still in nappies at two !
I replied "oh well I must be filthy white trash cos my three year old isn't toilet trained"
Never saw her again but you know what? I don't need racist clients when I'm turning away lovely ones every day ;)

Gotta love working with the public!

I once had a client say she thought her daughter in law was a "dirty p@k1" because her child was still in nappies at two !
I replied "oh well I must be filthy white trash cos my three year old isn't toilet trained"
Never saw her again but you know what? I don't need racist clients when I'm turning away lovely ones every day ;)

Woah! That's a bit much. Was her daughter in law from Pakistan? Did she not wash?

I love the one I had last year who was bad mouthing a receptionist at a local doctors, how she was a old bint, rude cow, must be a sl-t because she's skinny and had Botox... It was my mother. Xoxo

Woah! That's a bit much. Was her daughter in law from Pakistan? Did she not wash?

I love the one I had last year who was bad mouthing a receptionist at a local doctors, how she was a old bint, rude cow, must be a sl-t because she's skinny and had Botox... It was my mother. Xoxo

Her daughter in law was actually Indian!

Great one for you was at work and my boss was ranting and raving pikey this pikey that I wouldn't ever have them in here thieves they are wrotton thieves live like scum I can tell a gypo from a mile off!!!!!! So I said you may want to check my bag she says why I say because I'm one of the theiving pikeys your talking about........SILENCE (tumbleweed) I wet myself laughing her face was a picture xxx

Great one for you was at work and my boss was ranting and raving pikey this pikey that I wouldn't ever have them in here thieves they are wrotton thieves live like scum I can tell a gypo from a mile off!!!!!! So I said you may want to check my bag she says why I say because I'm one of the theiving pikeys your talking about........SILENCE (tumbleweed) I wet myself laughing her face was a picture xxx

Lol had a manager like that, but I had one girl who came in regular say "do you know what I am?" After I'd helped her a few times, me "no, why?", she said she was a gypsy and usually dosent get helped in shops just watched. I had to laugh and tell her yes I knew she was a gypsy and as long as she was polite friendly and didn't steal there was no reasons for me not to help her.
I hadn't seen anyone so shocked. She became a weekly or twice weekly customer and the looks I got from my manager were the most vile ever cxoxo

Brilliant response!! Some people are so narrow minded and ignorant! Xxx

I certainly changed her mined that's for sure I wasn't even angry I just laughed so hard and she said what are you laughing at and that's when I responded.Her face was a picture priceless.xxx

I certainly changed her mined that's for sure I wasn't even angry I just laughed so hard and she said what are you laughing at and that's when I responded.Her face was a picture priceless.xxx

I want to know where the proems started, I would say that 9/10 people's first encounter with any traveller was a good one. I do think the new travellers (not sure what country they moved from, but wear traditional clothes) in my area have set a bad example for their kind of traveller (they aren't Irish or Romany) as they are the only known ones and are prolific shoplifters. But unlike the masses, when another family move here they will be treated as new people and given the chance just like everyone else. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back