Ouch - tingly hands after UV manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailbootik

Reaction score
Hi, I did my own nails last night using Gelish, but I noticed this morning thumb looked a mess so I removed and re-did, anyways my hand tingled all the way through and still is -

Anyone know why this could be happening - feels like pins and needles !

Thanks

Do you use a desk roll or rolled up towel for your arm to lie on whilst the hand is in the lamp?
It could be too high or not placed right, restricting your arm and causing numbness and pins and needles when you remove hand from lamp.

No I just did what I normally do ! Really odd as my hand is still doing it ! To be honest I'm actually started to get fed up of the whole process, really struggling with Gelish as it is, never looks perfect, and now this prickly hand - imagine if that happened to a client :-(

Sorry don't mean to vent !

I really hate to ask you this, but what lamp are you using? I have heard of this happening to a few people who were using a UV Lamp from ebay and it was a lamp that had been recalled because of defects and was dangerous. I HOPE YOURS IS A BONEFIED LAMP SUITABLE FOR USING WITH gelis and bought from an authentic supplier of professional goods?

Hi Geeg, it's the intermediate 36w uv lamp from Nail Harmony.

Its really odd as I did my toes this morning and they are fine but my hand is still tingling !

Bit worried now !

Hi Geeg, it's the intermediate 36w uv lamp from Nail Harmony.

Its really odd as I did my toes this morning and they are fine but my hand is still tingling !

Bit worried now !

I think Izzi has probably hit the nail on the head then. Swing that arm around a little in case you have just trapped a nerve or something by sitting awkwardly. Hope it soon eases and I wouldn't be too worried. .hug:

Aww thanks I'll see how it goes - actually Geeg can I ask you about shellac.
How is it compared to Gelish I have some issues with it shrinking away or being patchy just really hard to work with. It's not rocket science painting nails so how come with Gelish something always goes wrong. With shellac is the base top and colours the same as normal polish .eg do they run or shrink ! Thanks so much

Aww thanks I'll see how it goes - actually Geeg can I ask you about shellac.
How is it compared to Gelish I have some issues with it shrinking away or being patchy just really hard to work with. It's not rocket science painting nails so how come with Gelish something always goes wrong. With shellac is the base top and colours the same as normal polish .eg do they run or shrink ! Thanks so much

It's your thread lol .. you can ask me whatever you want.
The only problems that occur with Shellac happen when the therapist uses too much. Shellac is meant to be used in thin coats .. not skinny coats ... just normal thin coats. When you use Shellac the way it should be used, there are no problems with it doing 'funny' things. A class is recommended for best results.

Thank you Geeg ! I will try it ! Oh and hand is a lot better ! Xx

Latest posts

Back