Out of the ordinary waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejaymaloney

Reaction score
does anybody preform any different or out of the ordinary waxing treatments like nostrils or ears ect

does anybody preform any different or out of the ordinary waxing treatments like nostrils or ears ect

Yep. I wax nostrils, ears and any other part of the body you can think of!!

Last edited:
i like to wax anythink that grows but do u advertise ur nostril / ear waxing in your price guide

If there's hair on it, I'll wax it! (except lashes!)

Yeah, I do nostrils, ears etc.

And everyone who as the nostrils done, loves it.

How do you wax nostrils?
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

How do you wax nostrils?

Before I had hot wax I used warm wax and a small strip. Difficult but not impossible!

Hot wax though is the ony way to wax a nostril, one side at a time or you could suffocate :wink2:

blob of hotwax/non strip wax onto the tip of a small etebrow spatula up the nostril when cooled a bit ... twist and let harded .. ohld bridge of nose and pull out stick

blob of hotwax/non strip wax onto the tip of a small etebrow spatula up the nostril when cooled a bit ... twist and let harded .. ohld bridge of nose and pull out stick

OR

With a spatula split lengthways in half, push the 'blob' of wax up the nostril, push the nostril inwards so it catches all the hairs, ensure you leave a 'tail' of wax just beneath the nostril as the handle.

When wax has set, get hold of your 'handle' and pull downwards in a fast and controlled movement.

All the hairs will be out with minimal pain to the client.

I used to keep the stick partially up the nostril until ready to pull but on very good advice I was informed not to. What if the client sneezes or coughs they could push the stick further up their nose if they jerk forward.

I now don't use this method

Ear , nostrils and brows are a great combination for men as part of their male grooming.I also offer hairline and cheekbone waxing for men.

ive allways wanted to experiment with facial hair waxing on men any adverse effects ?

I find non strip waxes much better for all the facial waxing and clients dont generally have any adverse effects.

I do quite a lot of female facial waxing and problem areas can be along the cheek bone or on the chin bone which can very occasionally result in small skin loss.

I did use Perron Rigot hot wax for the face but did not think it removed the hair as efficiently as I wanted it to. I switched to Perron Rigot Crystal Ocean and love it.

Never had a problem on those problem areas using this wax. It's very gentle but very effective.

I think I might have convinced the boyfriend to let me try and wax his nostrils lol

Ear , nostrils and brows are a great combination for men as part of their male grooming.I also offer hairline and cheekbone waxing for men.

Ok another question sorry lol I know cheekbone waxing sounds straight forward but could you please explain that one to me too? Do you do one long strip or a few shorter ones?

I wax it all as well, however i would rather one of the girls renting a station would step up and do the female waxing. It's not that's its really all that uncomfortable for me to do the waxing its just more a time issue because I'm so specific about the draping of and maintaining of their modesty. They know i go a little extra for them and that I'm just being genuinely respectable and professional. Still its time consuming.
Unfortunately anymore there's almost nothing that's "out of the ordinary"as far as waxing goes.

It's very lovely that you go to these lengths with your draping etc.

I don't drape at all but I do everything I can to put my clients at ease within about 60 seconds of them entering my treatment room.

Draping clients to protect modesty when doing a Hollywood wax is a contradiction in itself don't you think lol?

As I work from both sides simultaneously draping is not an option for me that I would be prepared to entertain.

Nothing wrong with either approach though :cool:

My regular Hollywood clients joke that the towel s just a security blanket!

Latest posts

Back