Oven heat vs. nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulip04

Reaction score
Hi all.. I have just done a full set of nail tips with gel on a client but she reported that they fell off and that she thinks its from the glue.... the same glue that i use constantly and with no complaints..

My question is if this client works in food handling and oven heat etc.... can it affect the nail glue/extensions?

Maybe you forgot a step during prep? I did once, thankfully I was only doing a non paying friend

I prepd the nail everything.. it is my first time that someone had the extensions falling off like 6 out of 10 fingers... omg.... i dont knowww. I thought maybe because if cleaning oven liquids or oven heat

Properly applied nail extensions won't just fall off.

The glue is applied to a tiny area along the free edge, given the percentage of area the glue touches, it always amazes me when anyone thinks their nails have come off because of the glue!!

If nail enhancements are affected by cleaning products they will start to dissolve/break down from the free edge and maybe lift around the cuticle if your hands are submerged in chemicals but you would see this happening if working without gloves and if you wore gloves it wouldn't happen!

Wearing plastic/latex gloves all day can make hands very moist and sweaty but ALL fingers would be affected the same. Not 6.

Have you had s chance to look at her nails since they 'fell off'? At the very least, get her to send a close up photo x

Yes i saw them. They have gone now the 10 of them. No she doesnt use gloves

Do you successfully do tips and gels on other people?

Did she have them majorly long?

Were there any white marks on her nails?

Do you successfully do tips and gels on other people?

Did she have them majorly long?

Were there any white marks on her nails?

No white lines. Not that long just a littlw bit longer that the finger and yea i do tips and gel on other people and they last with success rate

i currently work in a bakery and ive never had an issue with enhancements while using an oven. unless shes actually baking her hands!!! lol;)

Hmmm.

Doesn't sound like its you lol!

The fact that there are no white lines would indicate they haven't been forced off ... More as if they weren't properly adhered to start with. Did she swim, bath, have a sauna etc just before she visited you, meaning her nails would have been quite moist and perhaps the product didn't adhere?

Hmmm.

Doesn't sound like its you lol!

The fact that there are no white lines would indicate they haven't been forced off ... More as if they weren't properly adhered to start with. Did she swim, bath, have a sauna etc just before she visited you, meaning her nails would have been quite moist and perhaps the product didn't adhere?

I dont know what she did before.. but she said that she had not been doing nail enhacements for this past year.... maybe it has an effect? I dont know nothing else. For me everything was made according to the 'rules'. All i know is that i made them and finished at about 11am and the next day they were already gone.. after 11am she went directly to continue working.. the work place is very hot and yes she sometimes bakes things with her own hands

I hate it when this happens! I second asking about water contact. It can def cause breakdown.

Yes its from her side not mine because i only got complaints from this one so i rested my mind. Thanks all

Latest posts

Back