Over active thyroid anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazybek

Reaction score
Hi guys.
As title really,but does anyone here have an overactive thyroid problem?
Ive just been diagnosed with it but my levels have changed so dramatically my gp wants me to have surgery for removal!!!

Anyone can offer any words of wisdom or advice.
Currently pooping myself right now :-/
x

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that it's not very nice, i had overactive thryoid about 9 years ago, i lost weight which i was pleased about as it was after having twins so was glad to lose the baby weight, but i didn't realise i had it at the time,

i think it was due to being pregnant that brought it on, i was 33, i was really tired but thought it was just looking after 2 babies, but i also started to get really shaky hands, & mentioned it to a nurse & she said to get blood test,

anyway i went to hospital & consultant there said levels were really high & wanted to do removal & also mentioned radioactive method (ugh) but i was getting married that year & thought no i don't really want surgery before my wedding & can't i just have tablets or something, so they sent me off with thyroxin & it sorted it self out & never needed surgery,

hope this helps, don't know if you're a similar age, or connected to recent pregnancies, but just wanted to say maybe don't let them do surgery until maybe you've tried other method first, i'm glad i didn't just go for that, but your situation maybe different,

i'm totally fine now, hope you get sorted soon x :hug:

My 3 daughters have over active thyroids, the youngest was 7 when she was diagnosed and the the eldest was 19.

They are monitored regularly and it has been suggested that they might consider Radioactive Iodine Treatment which is in my opinion a much better option than surgery.
My youngest is now 16 and stable, but if she or any of the girls to relapse it would take a lot for them to resort to surgery.

I know the drs say there are more side effects taking Carbamizole rather than Thyroxin but if the iodine treatment works then I would ask about that.
I researched when my girls were diagnosed and in the states they automatically give children the iodine rather than Carbamizole or surgery.

Good luck :hug:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that it's not very nice, i had overactive thryoid about 9 years ago, i lost weight which i was pleased about as it was after having twins so was glad to lose the baby weight, but i didn't realise i had it at the time,

i think it was due to being pregnant that brought it on, i was 33, i was really tired but thought it was just looking after 2 babies, but i also started to get really shaky hands, & mentioned it to a nurse & she said to get blood test,

anyway i went to hospital & consultant there said levels were really high & wanted to do removal & also mentioned radioactive method (ugh) but i was getting married that year & thought no i don't really want surgery before my wedding & can't i just have tablets or something, so they sent me off with thyroxin & it sorted it self out & never needed surgery,

hope this helps, don't know if you're a similar age, or connected to recent pregnancies, but just wanted to say maybe don't let them do surgery until maybe you've tried other method first, i'm glad i didn't just go for that, but your situation maybe different,

i'm totally fine now, hope you get sorted soon x :hug:

I get shakes and feel dizzy and faint at times its awful i also just loose weight for no reason i asked my doctor but just said you must have a fast matabilisiom do you think maybe i should try go back xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I am 20 and I have shaky hands which I noticed today it was really bad when was trying to paint my mums nails for her and I am dizzy every day and black out for like a minute and lose eyesight for a minute and feel sicky and I am tired all the time! Would u recommend going to doctors also I am trying for a baby but no look yet! Could thyroid affect tryin to conceive? X

I get shakes and feel dizzy and faint at times its awful i also just loose weight for no reason i asked my doctor but just said you must have a fast matabilisiom do you think maybe i should try go back xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi,

Yes i do think you should go back to the doctor & ask for a blood test if it's troubling you, that's what they're there for, there's no harm in ruling it out if it is a thyroid problem or not, hope you get it sorted.

I am 20 and I have shaky hands which I noticed today it was really bad when was trying to paint my mums nails for her and I am dizzy every day and black out for like a minute and lose eyesight for a minute and feel sicky and I am tired all the time! Would u recommend going to doctors also I am trying for a baby but no look yet! Could thyroid affect tryin to conceive? X

Hi,

I would say go to doctors for a blood test, i remember trying to paint my sisters nails & i was shaking really badly & we were just laughing about it, & soon after found out what the cause was,

i don't know about he blacking out bit but that would really worry me!
i'm not sure about thyroid affecting getting pregnant but it can affect the baby that's why they give them a heel prick when they are born, but whilst in the womb i don't know you would have to ask the doctor,
good luck x

Latest posts

Back