Over filling? - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyann

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

last night I did myself tip and overlay using acrylic, but towards the end (it was nearing bed time) I rushed a bit and I think I have filled and buffed through to my natural nail on my little finger. When I look really close there are two tiny what look like splits just below the tip. It hasn't bled at all and doesn't even look red and it's not painful but it is a little tender if I touch it.

Is there anything I can do now? I did think maybe apply more acrylic over the top but I don't want it to hurt! I think if I soak it off it will sting too :cry: Is it open to infection aswell? Will my nail be thin and damaged for good now? or will it grow out as my natural nails are usualy quite good and stong :|

Luckily I did it to my own nail and not someone elses...

Many Thanks in advance :hug:

Last edited:
I think it should be ok, theres always a risk of infection though so better to be safe than sorry, I'd wash up and disinfect the nail (you'll probably find out in this step if the natural nail is exposed and broken cause it will STING!;) but you have to do it!)then go ahead and apply a another layer of l&p to protect it while it grows out!
Posted via Mobile Device

is it safe to put the acrylic on top of the splits then? I don't think they go right down to my nail bed as it didn't bleed but it's a bit sore when I touch. It's wierd because I only noticed I did it when I was brushing off dust with a brush, how come I didn't feel it as I did it?

Don't soak it off, just give it a good clean with Scrubfresh or similar, then put some L+P on. It'll make it feel better right away.

Latest posts

Back