Overlay problem!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulnails

Reaction score
Hi...I dont know why it happens but when I do a standard full set on a client they look fine and last 2 weeks no problem...when I do overlays on natural nails...one week, if not 3 days!!:cry: and they are already ruined!!!!...why?...is it because the nail is shorter?...I cant work it out!Its bothering me!...pls help!...have u experienced anything like this before?

Thanks...xxx

Maybe you are doing your NNO's too thin...and are you capping the free edge. Natural nails are flexible so if you do the overlay too thin its wont withstand the flex of the natural nail...try doing them a bit thicker.

when u say thicker u mean in zone one only? keeping 2 and 3 more or less the same right?...but if the natural nail is short...with little or no free edge at all?...woulod it still work? would u do overlays on nails this short?...mmmm...

:hug:

I've had the same problem when I started - the full set with tips would last forever, and NNO or sculpts would just peel right off!

Yes, the first thing people say was - is your prep ok? And I thought - yes, what on Earth could be wrong with my prep when I don't have any troubles when doing it with tips?! But, it was my prep after all...

I'm not saying that's your problem too, but it was mine. And of course, that confidence factor, when I thought - uh, NNO, I never do that right. And of course, it would end up wrong. So back to the prep basics I went (Gigi's book, tutorials on this site) and said to myself - you can do it. And practiced. It helped me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks...I will def do that...and u r right...as soon as I hear overlay...I panic!...lol...as I m thinkin...oh no they are gonna come off!, I am gonna do them wrong!...will go through my prep again!!

Thanks!:hug:

Length shouldn't really be a problem... Are you capping the free edge and clamping the sides, as Angie mentioned? If the edges of the natural nail aren't secure, the product curls away from the natural nail causing reallllyyyy annoying lifting.

Here's a great tutorial on it: Curlingonysuckus

hth!

Latest posts

Back